best used car??

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

best used car??

Post by wolfcreek »

For a small person who will only be driving it in the city ..... Based on reliability, ease of finding parts, ease of getting repaired, ease of reselling, etc...
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Re: best used car??

Post by jah steu »

Toyota RAV4 or if you want smaller, a Kia Picanto?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I'm going for a 2001 or newer Rav 4 or a 2002 Honda crv> BUT i will be doing lots of back roads and inter country traveling,
for inner city only with occasional on road trips to the beach i'd choose a 2005+ prius
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I love those new Kia Picantos that seem to be everywhere now. That or the Scion XA is what I would buy, especially for city driving. Why do you want a car for city driving? Seems counterproductive nowadays.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Because of the rain, heat, dust issues one encounters on a motobike. Also, safer than a motobike in the event of an accident. Also, less likely to get anything snatched in a car....
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Someone said the Scion XB was better than the XA for some reason...
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Looking for something a bit smaller/cheaper than a Prius....
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

wolfcreek wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:36 am Because of the rain, heat, dust issues one encounters on a motobike. Also, safer than a motobike in the event of an accident. Also, less likely to get anything snatched in a car....

Also less likely to get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time!

wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Time is not much of a concern (retired person). Has progressed from walking to bicycle to e-bike to motorbike. Now ready for a safer, more comfortable mode of transportation.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

KIA Mornings (newer generation) go for around 6k I think. Small, easy to park and fairly cheap.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic