Trump Impeached

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Trump Impeached

Post by pczz »

Ricky Shaw wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:19 am Obama should be on trial. He withheld aid to Ukraine. He did nothing to stop Russia from taking Crimea from Ukraine which the US was obligated to assist.
I dont see Trump standing up to American obligations much either. Unfortunately white haired right wing extremists are now in charge on both sides of the channel, And the people don;'t care. they both have massive support from the very people they despise and who suffer most from their policies. Both too busy groping women and making themselves rich to pay attention to whats best for their respective countries and the world
BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BrazilBoy »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:48 am
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:17 pm Misleading title;
a fucking total waste of time and money as it wont ever pass the Senate.
but hope fully will open some voters eyes for next elections
I agree, it stops at the Senate who will just vote on party lines.

But that enables the Democrats to start the election by shouting that he has been impeached ( the indictment) and only evaded justice in The Senate (the jury) due to a partisan vote, a.k.a. a fixed jury.

They can then shout, "HE's a crook, lock HIM up!" as he did against Clinton.

I still think he will win again, and comfortably. He's just very good at their game and they hate that...
Nancy Pelossi isn't bringing it forward!
I wonder why?

Well, I hve said many times over the past 2 months on my favorite tRump bashing forums that they shouldn't bring it forward to the senate until after the 2020 election. This gives them like two bites at the apple: keep the house (they will) and win either the senate and then vote him out of office or win the presidency and he's out.

I should have written an oped or something.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

I don’t know if this is true anyway for the laugh then

BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BrazilBoy »

yong wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:33 am I don’t know if this is true anyway for the laugh then

Well seen!
I just posted to my FB account.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Trump has not been impeached. And he can not be impeached until the House Speaker Nancy Pelosi submits the articles of impeachment to the Senate for the trial of the president of the United States of America. So as I sit here now, Donald Trump stands un-impeached and the title is factually wrong though I think it is wishful thinking on the part of the poster... but that's ok. Nothing wrong with a bit of day-dreaming now and then.

So, in conclusion.
The house can draw up as many indictments as it wants.... for anything.

BUT

Until those indictments are handed to the judge (files the indictment with the court) nothing has been indicted. And that trial will have full and proper due process which is why, all of a sudden, Pelosi is reluctant to submit the articles to the Senate.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

IraHayes wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:00 am Trump has not been impeached. And he can not be impeached until the House Speaker Nancy Pelosi submits the articles of impeachment to the Senate for the trial of the president of the United States of America. So as I sit here now, Donald Trump stands un-impeached and the title is factually wrong though I think it is wishful thinking on the part of the poster... but that's ok. Nothing wrong with a bit of day-dreaming now and then.

So, in conclusion.
The house can draw up as many indictments as it wants.... for anything.

BUT

Until those indictments are handed to the judge (files the indictment with the court) nothing has been indicted. And that trial will have full and proper due process which is why, all of a sudden, Pelosi is reluctant to submit the articles to the Senate.
"I'm not an impartial juror," he said flatly. "This is a political process. There is not anything judicial about it. Impeachment is a political decision." Mitch McConnell. Well so much for a fair trial. Kind of like a trial of the Grand Wizard of the KKK being judged by 5 Blacks and 7 Klansmen and being found not guilty. Party before Country should be the new E Pluribus Unum.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

yong wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:57 pm
You might want to tell everyone what this is about. All I see is:

Cannot load tweet. Disable your adblock and tracking protection.

Since I have zero intention of doing either of those things, I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

monomial wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:47 am You might want to tell everyone what this is about. All I see is:

Cannot load tweet. Disable your adblock and tracking protection.

Since I have zero intention of doing either of those things, I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
Thanks for the heads up

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic