Bavet Policeman Shoots Woman in the Head

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Bavet Policeman Shoots Woman in the Head

Post by Ghostwriter »

Well the mistress didn't rape the father, and is only one of many potential mistresses...So, better to punch the father instead...But i guess that's a hard move in Cambodia.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

AzalKH wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:02 pm RIP

The local Facebook / YouTube 'journalists' were really distasteful, they interviewed the victims daughter on camera. The girl is really young and clearly didn't even understand what death is and that her mother wouldn't be coming back.
I agree. the crime is terrible by itself, but the 'journalist' do to the the kids should also be considered a crime. it's disgusting.
Still here, in country...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Ravensnest wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:03 pm
AzalKH wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:02 pm RIP

The local Facebook / YouTube 'journalists' were really distasteful, they interviewed the victims daughter on camera. The girl is really young and clearly didn't even understand what death is and that her mother wouldn't be coming back.
I agree. the crime is terrible by itself, but the 'journalist' do to the the kids should also be considered a crime. it's disgusting.
The woman's daughter is eight-years-old.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I have heard some excuses in my time but waiting to long for his noodles takes the biscuit, when was the last time some copper in uk shot the waitress in a chippy because he had to wait to long for his battered sausage and pickled egg!!!
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

I think the story about the suspect's father having an affair with the victim and his mother getting on his nerves about it is much more plausible than he waited TOO long for his noodles.
The guy snapped. What a tragic event.
In the UK the copper gets stabbed or chopped up by a tourist visiting from another land simply for being in uniform.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

There is a lot of ugliness in Cambodia. Even so the people seem to just get on with it.

Probably best to just live in ignorance sometimes. Even if one was just to dwell on the downfall of say Sihanoukville, one could feel the whole Country is doomed.

I can only suggest one lives good, and leaves those that don't to face whatever is coming.

As Tourists we don't have to live amongst this madness permanently. but they do.

As bad as local news can sometimes go, (and this is no excuse),we have to live and let live. They're culture is not ours plus it's their Country not ours.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

Didn’t i read a post not that long ago where in HE ordered off duty police not to carry or use firearms? And those that did would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law? Link anyone?
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Stiliko wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:35 pm Didn’t i read a post not that long ago where in HE ordered off duty police not to carry or use firearms? And those that did would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law? Link anyone?
post341552.html#p341552
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

It would be interesting to see what happened to those that were accused of this offence since He who must be obeyed said those life changing directives.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

RIP to the lady. Irrespective of the motive, she did not deserve that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic