Hackers

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Ch1cky
Tourist
Australia

Hackers

Post by Ch1cky »

Is anyone having problems with people trying to hack there desktop pc at all. I brought my gaming rig over with me from aussie our laptops and tablets for work so windows is all legit and i was using windows defender they got in but sorted them out. I changed to kaspersky and havent had a drama until last night . My home network is set so it cant be seen when someone searches for wifi. And i have always had my remote access turned off on all my pc and laptops .
I was mid match on the new COD and i get a warning and a request to remote access my main computer . I ripped the main cord out of the wall cutting the internet and then went to my system settings and allow remote assistance connections was ticked on. I know alot of people are having issues with windows 10 and how shit it is , and i have the updates turned off .
So what are people using here for windows security ?
I am not up to date with how people are hacking now but back when i was a c**t of a kid i did do it. I cannot find a trojan on any of the devices on my network. And just asking for a bit of advice on wtf to do please
Equinix
Expatriate

Re: Hackers

Post by Equinix »

On my windows computer I just have windows defender and firewall turned on. (Kaspersky is good but backed by the Russian government)

Have you installed any cracked apps or programs? (they can contain a Trojan)

On my main computer I run Linux Mint which is way more secure than windows. You might want to check that out =)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Are you sure you did not use a USB stick on another (Cambodian) machine and then in your own machine? Getting access to the settings that way (malware) is much easier than through an online situation. After getting burned that way once or twice I started considering all computers in the KoW as unsafe except for mine.
Ch1cky
Tourist
Australia

Post by Ch1cky »

Urgh yea with the usb hubby does to do a big print out of shit for work
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Ch1cky wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:13 pm Urgh yea with the usb hubby does to do a big print out of shit for work
Better teach hubby to send the files by email to en copy / print shop, I don't know the infection rate in print shops in Cambodia, but it must be very, very high.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

The hackers are getting pretty good these days, even my bank in OZ cannot keep up with them. I haven't used my visa card or account for many months but two withdrawals were made from a TAB in Melbourne on Melbourne Cup Day from my account. The bank cancelled my card, but yesterday I see another two withdrawals has been taken out of my account.

No-one has hacked into the money I keep under my mattress yet so I've got those hackers bluffed.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:35 pm
Ch1cky wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:13 pm Urgh yea with the usb hubby does to do a big print out of shit for work
Better teach hubby to send the files by email to en copy / print shop, I don't know the infection rate in print shops in Cambodia, but it must be very, very high.
Yes it is or certainly was a problem. First thing is to ensure autorun is disabled.

7 Tools to Stop Windows Running the USB Flash Drive Autorun.inf File

It still makes sense that if you frequently use USB sticks or portable hard drives, doing all you can to help prevent any Autorun type threats installing themselves on the devices is important both for your computer and any other machines the devices plug into. Here’s 7 free tools to have a look at.
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/stop-window ... utoruninf/
Ch1cky
Tourist
Australia

Post by Ch1cky »

Thank you everyone
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic