Cintri Garbage Company to be Nationalized Says PM

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cintri Garbage Company to be Nationalized Says PM

Post by Arget »

Cintri may be temporarily allowed to collect and transport waste but my guess is that they have decided not to.

Going to be a great next couple of weeks.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Duncan wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:02 pm “As of January 1, until new rubbish management and solid waste systems are established and put into operation completely, Cintri (Cambodia) Ltd is temporarily allowed to collect and transport rubbish and solid waste. But the company is no longer entitled to collect service fees,” the directive said.
'you're welcome to come to work, buy not to collect pay'?
what is the point of this?

the existing system works quite well all things considered

is trash going to just pile up after new year?
A bit early for you to be drunk isn't it. The rubbish collection system has never worked no matter which way or where you look at it. I'm not just talking about PP, but go a few km outside PP and open your eyes.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Arget wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:54 pm Cintri may be temporarily allowed to collect and transport waste but my guess is that they have decided not to.

Yes. I think Cintri workers got the memo on this yesterday as they didn't turn up last night.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I don't have any inside info, so I might be wrong, but for me the telling point was the statement that people should no longer pay Cintri compny directly, but should pay PP City authorities. So seems that City Hall (government) have already taken over from Cintri and this is a transition period. If the PP authorities are getting the money, then they should be paying the garbage workers.
There may be a bit of chaos before the new system kicks in, but hopefully things wil improve.
Optimist forever. :popcorn:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

King Keil wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:41 pm Does that mean payment will be state of the art but workers will still scratch the rubbish from the concrete with a shovel leaving behind bacteria and health hazards on the street.
Yes...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:16 pm
Arget wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:54 pm Cintri may be temporarily allowed to collect and transport waste but my guess is that they have decided not to.

Yes. I think Cintri workers got the memo on this yesterday as they didn't turn up last night.
Any idea where I can pick up a job application form ?
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Duncan wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:59 pm A bit early for you to be drunk isn't it. The rubbish collection system has never worked no matter which way or where you look at it. I'm not just talking about PP, but go a few km outside PP and open your eyes.
it works fine for me and pretty much always has
they could come more frequently, but they do come regularly
the billing system in particular is easy
not too bad for a developing country

there's definitely a problem with 'piles of trash', but that's because residents pile it up naked instead of putting it in bins or dumpsters

outside the city, there is often no CINTRI coverage, so no, it doesn't work there

monstra mihi bona!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Meanwhile my latest water bill has just arrived on a full A4 page as opposed to the previous slip. Although it is improved in that it has descriptions in English for each item now.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:03 pm Meanwhile my latest water bill has just arrived on a full A4 page as opposed to the previous slip. Although it is improved in that it has descriptions in English for each item now.

Did you notice it is only a estimate reading ,,, up to 31/12/19 ,,, pay by today 19/12/19.

But I never complain as my water bill in OZ is usually over $100 every month because of all the add on's , like sewerage and sewer line maintenance, plus this plus that.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Duncan wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:25 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:03 pm Meanwhile my latest water bill has just arrived on a full A4 page as opposed to the previous slip. Although it is improved in that it has descriptions in English for each item now.

Did you notice it is only a estimate reading ,,, up to 31/12/19 ,,, pay by today 19/12/19.

But I never complain as my water bill in OZ is usually over $100 every month because of all the add on's , like sewerage and sewer line maintenance, plus this plus that.
Yes I noticed it was "estimated" - this one's ~$1 and they're usually close to $2. And oh yes, due today! lol Nice one!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic