Two Women Trafficked to China Return to Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Two Women Trafficked to China Return to Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Good news. Two of the many Cambodian women trafficked to China arrived safely back in Cambodia yesterday.

Sihanoukville, Cambodia News: At 7:09 pm on December 17, 2019, the Sihanoukville International Airport Police Station received two repatriated female trafficking victims arriving in the Kingdom of Cambodia on flight LQ809 (WUH-KOS) from WUHEN, China to Sihanoukville.
The two women were granted travel documents by the Consulate General of Chongqing.
One of the women is a 33-year-old native of Kandal, and the other is a woman aged 26 from Kratie province. They have been sent to Phnom Penh under the guidence of representatives of the Ministry of Social Affairs before they return to their families.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Two Women Trafficked to China Return to Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Just my observation and opinion, but it seems females are being given more protection when they are subjects of newsworthy posts than men are, by digitizing out their faces.

And, as is the case in this OP, it's not always clear why faces are digitized out in the first place.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Tarndog wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:59 pm Just my observation and opinion, but it seems females are being given more protection when they are subjects of newsworthy posts than men are, by digitizing out their faces.

And, as is the case in this OP, it's not always clear why faces are digitized out in the first place.
Presumably it is to protect their identities as victims of human trafficking. The photo was published like this by police or immigration authorities and has not been altered by CEO.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

It seems highly contradictory that the authorities are concerned about blurring out their faces, but still want to pose for photos and preen themselves and then smear the victims names, ages and province of origin all over the internet as human trafficking victims, forever.

I suspect these women have been through quite enough of an ordeal and did not need to be paraded around like show ponies. I am sure they were just so happy to be on home soil and went along with this showboating, but I just wish one of their family was there to meet them and had told the officials to fuck off with their photo-op and left the building without further delay.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic