Cheating assumed?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cheating assumed?

Post by Kammekor »

This is probably not just about money Explorer. NKOTB is older than the NKOTB boys in the nineties and his wife is a young Khmer girl, probably eager to start her own family sooner or later.
Add to that a long distance relationship, language barriers, cultural differences and the girl sending out strange signals And I’d think it’s time to sit down for a serious talk about needs and expectations of both.
Not all Khmer girls are in it for the money Explorer.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

pczz wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:18 am This is not just a bar girl thing.
This is true.

During my time here I've dated 3 restaurant waitresses.

Each took a painfully long courtship process but once romantic, EACH one eventually revealed to me that they had current foreign boyfriends/sponsors who were overseas.

Two had visited their boyfriends, one told me England and the other Belgium and that one even showed me her passport with multiple visas in it.

The third had an Aussie sponsor but hadn't been overseas yet.

They were all quite shockingly open about it, would show me photos on their phones of them with their boyfriends and seemed to have zero qualms about cheating on them.

I'm not saying this is a Cambodian woman thing........I think long distance relationships are challenging no matter what and when you add money, language and cultural differentials into the mix, it becomes even more so.

Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

exploroer states infedelity is a risk you take if you marry a khmer. This is true but so is the statement infedelity is the risk you take if you marry. Every nation does it, every colour, religion and soio economic class. Brody states he had three relationships with women who were in relationships. He does not state that if they were cheating he was not interested. Some men don t care if they are a side piece as long as they are a piece. Some women see nothing wrong with cheating on their spouse if he is out of country and other bang their brother in law while he is at work. Infedelity is the risk you take in a relationship. I would not take anyones personal experience to be a forecast on what your experience will be. If you married a red blooded American woman you would have a 29% chance that she would be unfaithfull to you. The likelihood of a woman cheating on you will of course decrease if you live with her but that will not prevent it if that is her choice.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:18 pm Not all Khmer girls are in it for the money Explorer.
I agree. Not all girls are. But many are.

If you make friends with these girls, many of them will tell you that they are. It is not a secret. They will tell you.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:18 pm This is probably not just about money Explorer. NKOTB is older than the NKOTB boys in the nineties and his wife is a young Khmer girl, probably eager to start her own family sooner or later.
Add to that a long distance relationship, language barriers, cultural differences and the girl sending out strange signals And I’d think it’s time to sit down for a serious talk about needs and expectations of both.
I don't know NKOTB or his wife, so I can only guess. My gut feeling is that there is nothing wrong with their relationship. People can say things like she says, and it doesn't mean there is a problem. But then it is important to keep the communication open, and keep each other happy so all is good in the future.
BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BrazilBoy »

Get your woman pregnant (many times), follow up with paternity tests and keep her on a short leash. All women are hard-wired to extract resources and its as simple as that.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

^That one is a little extreme to say the least, you may go down that road and find you have one of yours, and supporting two that are not yours.
I don't believe getting money for brother very much. But if Mama was to need, then that is a sure thing, she will do whatever.
No disrespect also to the expats who have got, and had the long-time relationship it happens, but it can be said in many cases a rarity.
Paying them monies, depending on the girl or not, it's never enough, in many cases if someone would give more you maybe history, family and friends can influence her even more. Ideally she wants a good man who will care for her and her family, more so a good Khmer man. Money is essential, there is very little or no support in this country, and you are a nobody if you was to be without. And that goes for the westerner if you had little or no money no girl would look at you. Most white people are looked upon just as money, don't kid yourself on that score. If you put that to the test and just stop giving a girl the allowance or cutting it down it would not be long that you are history, that could be said for a westerners relationship too, the only difference in the west its more so equality, because she to has the earning power and independence.
Most of all for a relationship in most Asian countries the husband has to be here full time, or if he has to work overseas take her with you. Going away is the beginning to the end. Most would simply look at the situation and say the husband or boyfriend can't afford to be here and take care of the girl.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

There are Cambodian girls with Western boyfriends, who have good jobs and earn their own money. The boyfriend does not give them money.

Some Western men set their standards too low, and don't date girls like that.
BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BrazilBoy »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:31 am ^That one is a little extreme to say the least, you may go down that road and find you have one of yours, and supporting two that are not yours.
That's why you follow up with paternity tests, I mean if you are uncertain. No need for a man to struggle with that in this day and age. So assume they are all your kids. Then you have to pay money and pay it gladly.
BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BrazilBoy »

explorer wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:41 am There are Cambodian girls with Western boyfriends, who have good jobs and earn their own money. The boyfriend does not give them money.

Some Western men set their standards too low, and don't date girls like that.
But the boyfriend is contributing to a common goal right? He's contributing to something. The fact is smart women marry for money so the women you are talking about set their standards very high.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic