Ignoring the police because you have a fancy car

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Ignoring the police because you have a fancy car

Post by Brody »

Oh, how I would love to see this happen to a certain strata of luxury vehicle driving Khmer society.

explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Ignoring the police because you have a fancy car

Post by explorer »

It wont happen in Cambodian any time soon. The law is only for the poor people. The rich can do whatever they want.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

thats nyc ... shit you cant do that to a cop.. no way. Whenever I got stopped by the police always be super careful, respectful and hope get out alive..lol.. obv they have stressful jobs but you cant do what that guy did..no way
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That was Julien Chabbott, an internet millionaire who was sued for $10 million by that cop for "running over his foot". The case was dismissed. While I'm no fan of jumped-up assholes like Chabbott the NYPD are also famous for being dicks. He's lucky they didn't shoot him, they probably would have if he had been driving some old shitbox.

https://nypost.com/2013/04/04/case-drop ... s-ferrari/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

NYPD cops live in a world of their own. One of the favourite things they do is handcuff a perp face down and then lift them off the sidewalk by their collar about a foot and then release them. I have seen that a dozen times. In all fairness in the city there usually is a crowd and if the perp is of colour in a white neighbourhood street justice is almost demanded. My business was in the sixth precinct and my street prided itself in not getting the cops involved. Sal Gigante had a coffee shop on the street and that part of the Village was mobbed up pretty good. NYPD cops shoot first and ask questions later, there are 36,000 NYPD and until the mid 1990's there were also Housing Authority and Transit Authority police departments in NYC.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I’ve managed to live in NYC 35 years without seeing them do the slam of people into the ground, maybe I lived in better areas.

I have 2 family members in NYPD, both retired not long ago. I’ve got to ask them about the slamming move.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:43 am I’ve managed to live in NYC 35 years without seeing them do the slam of people into the ground, maybe I lived in better areas.

I have 2 family members in NYPD, both retired not long ago. I’ve got to ask them about the slamming move.
Cops in NYC can be aggressive. Unsure which part specifically you live but I have seen them act similarly. It doesn't have to be where you live. If you take the trains, walk in the city..
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Lived in Manhattan, born and lived Staten Island.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Happy to see that guy pay for acting like a fool either way.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:43 am I’ve managed to live in NYC 35 years without seeing them do the slam of people into the ground, maybe I lived in better areas.

Lived in the Grammercy Park area/ Flatiron district in Manhattan. I am sure the leafy suburbs of Bayridge and Bensonhurst are much quieter and less aggressive. My business was on Bleeker street. I found in the city there were not so much good neighbourhoods but good streets and good buildings. Midtown at least, if you are upper Eastside, more power to you. Where was your stomping ground and what do you miss about NYC the most?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic