A New Generation of Sexpats: Gen-Z Women

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

A New Generation of Sexpats: Gen-Z Women

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Photo by MR WONG on Unsplash

Alethea Avery
3 Dec 2019

Thanks to the rise and popularity of K-pop and groups like BTS or Blackpink, a new group of horny 20 somethings has been traveling East.

The term “sexpat” is used to describe people who travel to new countries, most commonly in Asia, for sex. Although this description likely conjures up images of older male tourists seeking the company of prostitutes, that is a far cry from the reality of the newest wave of sexpats: Gen-Z women.

Asia used to be crawling with men who were smarmy, often stinky, usually overweight and well over 30. Even the younger crowds back then boasted a lot of ignorant and entitled guys on the prowl for their “ideal mate” — a woman who was seen as submissive, feminine, and obviously, Asian. Over the past 10 years, it had become a running joke; the guys who couldn’t get laid in West would head East and find someone gullible enough to marry or at least sleep with them. But things aren’t looking like that much anymore.

But with the new wave of sexpats, things have more or less evened out. The women who travel to Asia seeking their ideal physical partner are a lot easier on the eyes, a lot less drunk, and much more highly educated than their predecessors.

On one hand, while I am happy to see a growing acceptance of interracial couples, particularly ones where the male is Asian, being the experienced (jaded) traveler I am now, I can’t help but find the naivety of the new generation extremely frustrating. While these women may be better educated and have a slightly better grasp of what they are getting themselves into, life in Asia is hardly a Korean drama and the average guy is nothing like a K-pop song would make them seem.

So in order to help, I’ve compiled a small list of things I wish these women knew before hopping on a plane and heading to Asia:

5. Double standards apply. Boobs are secret. Butts are public. After all these years, this one still troubles me. Any exposure of the chest (like at-fricken-all) will be seen as “slutty” or inappropriate, but feel free to show everyone your underwear. It’s strange because Asia also has a massive issue with hidden cameras and “up-skirt” fetishes, yet I cannot even count the panties I have seen in public.

Full
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: A New Generation of Sexpats: Gen-Z Women

Post by Queef »

The women who travel to Asia seeking their ideal physical partner are a lot easier on the eyes, a lot less drunk, and much more highly educated

In comparison to what? The stereotypical 60 something year old sexpat? As far as Cambodia is concerned, the western women shacking up with locals are solid 3-4s and drink Angkor/ Cambodia drafts like the breweries were going outta business. No dimes over here. Interesting article though.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:47 am a woman who was seen as submissive, feminine, and obviously, Asian.
They say it like somehow it’s a bad thing. Such sad state of affairs in the West: black is white and white is black nowadays. Thank God asian women cannot read all the feministic equal rights crap published in English.
Kinetic
Expatriate
France

Post by Kinetic »

Can we call "sexpat" young girls that travel to Korea expecting meet guys who look like their kpop idols or drama actors?
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Kinetic wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:15 pm Can we call "sexpat" young girls that travel to Korea expecting meet guys who look like their kpop idols or drama actors?
"Soap-pat" might be more apt perhaps.
Kinetic
Expatriate
France

Post by Kinetic »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:19 pm
Kinetic wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:15 pm Can we call "sexpat" young girls that travel to Korea expecting meet guys who look like their kpop idols or drama actors?
"Soap-pat" might be more apt perhaps.
I'm asking because the article says that these girls are like modern sexpat :?
"A more accurate depiction of a modern sexpat is someone who travels in the hopes of winning the affections of someone from another race, usually one which that person or traveler has a particular interest."
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I don't see much evidence of this around here. And Koreans are an ugly looking bunch.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:20 pm And Koreans are an ugly looking bunch.
I dunno..I beg to differ, the girls here are pretty foxy... :bigeyes:

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Disclaimer: As you have gathered, I am speaking specifically about my experiences in Korea, where I now live. However, I have done a good deal of traveling and have also lived in Japan and Thailand and would say that this advice carries in those places too.
:o
Everyone knows that all Asian men - and probably all Asian women - are more or less the same and interchangeable wherever you go in Asia, whatever the country ... Japanese, Korean, Thai... same same. :-o
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:49 pm
Disclaimer: As you have gathered, I am speaking specifically about my experiences in Korea, where I now live. However, I have done a good deal of traveling and have also lived in Japan and Thailand and would say that this advice carries in those places too.
:o
Everyone knows that all Asian men - and probably all Asian women - are more or less the same and interchangeable wherever you go in Asia, whatever the country ... Japanese, Korean, Thai... same same. :-o
Also, single travellers in their twenties generally like to have sex wherever they are. If you don't travel for the purpose of haviing sex, and you don't pay for it, I'm not sure that you qualify as a sexpat, even if you have a sex life in another country. :shrug:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic