Photo Exhibition on Sisowath Quay

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Photo Exhibition on Sisowath Quay

Post by Doc67 »

There is a very interesting outdoor photo exhibition on Sisowath Quay behind the Himarawi apartments along to just path the Cambodiana. I have no idea why it is tucked away there but many must have missed it.

It is about a 40 year period of urban development between 1979 - 2019 an some of the early photos are very moving. Many of you who have been here for a long time will surely recognise many of the landmarks immediately. There is some narrative as well, but I am always on my way somewhere so I have yet to give it the attention it deserves.

I have take a few pictures so you have a taste, but they do it no justice - go and see for yourself.

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Photo Exhibition on Sisowath Quay

Post by John Bingham »

Some of Kevin Bolton's work is in there:

Chroy Changvar, Tonle Sap river, Phnom Penh. Further up from the vegetable plots was an area used as a park,
which had a football pitch and cows and goats grazing. Larger vessels would drop anchor and often stay put for months.
The construction of the Himawari Hotel is seen down river, and the Naga Boat. Photo taken 1998

https://phnompenh1998.bookmark.com/?fbc ... xCzRKjhjpo
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic