Our House in Sisaket Province

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Our House in Sisaket Province

Post by Freightdog »

I'm liking those two builds a lot, along with one other that I went to look over a little while back.
I find myself bouncing back and forth between ideas, and the never ending debate-Live in the city, or live out of town.

We really need to cater for schooling, so closer to 'western' influenced schools makes sense.
But I like the peace and quiet away from town. Ideally, I'd buy some land and build something near Kep. She's a bit negative about it. But then, she has ties with friends, if not so much family, and I've no idea whether we could resolve the education issue.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Nice build. How big is the house itself (xmetersXymeters)?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:26 pm Nice build. How big is the house itself (xmetersXymeters)?
1100sq ft and cost me just over $36USD sq ft. About the average price as an insulated three-car garage with concrete floor in America.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

That's around 100sqm. So it's square shaped and roughly 10mx10m? That's about 30ft by 30ft? Would that be right?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

see how much prices have gone up
mine is apx 220 sqm, excluding the porch on 3 sides (2,370 sq feet), cost $ 18.60 or so/ sq ft

Large central hot water heater in attic, hot water in all 3 bathrooms, 3 phase electric throughout house, tile floors downstairs, wood floors upstairs
what i did which my contractor didn't like was 2 exterior primer coats of paint and 3 coats of exterior paint.
never any problem for over 10 years
Glad i went with aluminum windows as well as friends used wood, an after 4 yeas had to be replaced.

I will also be building in Kep next year and am NOT looking forward to it,
Kampot has some good primary schools and Kep has a not to expensive catholic school for secondary education where gf's youngest sister goes
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:58 pm That's around 100sqm. So it's square shaped and roughly 10mx10m? That's about 30ft by 30ft? Would that be right?
The blueprint is the second photo from the top. More of a T shaped house, MBR is 5m x 3.5 m, the living room is long and too narrow, the guest bedroom is nearly the same size as the master. The carport would be easy to enclose completely and give me a nice 20 ft x 20 ft square tv room. My father was a builder on Long Island, he says you have to build a plan three times and tweak it each time to get what you really want. I just took the original plan and added square footage. Probably the best improvement was putting sliding doors to the carport, I don t think we have ever entered the house from the front door but it looks nice haha. Builtin closets are expensive and most furniture sets come with armoires and as the house is not too big and only one of, we took advantage of sales on finishing materials and managed to buy quite a lot of them at least 25% off. It would cost 25% more to build now but there is no market for homes in rural Isaan, in Sisaket we could sell it but then she wouldn t be as close to her parents as she is.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Both houses are really lovely. Superb..

Thank you for posting this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic