Jetstar Flights between Phnom Penh and Melbourne

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
scoresby6
Tourist
Australia

Jetstar Flights between Phnom Penh and Melbourne

Post by scoresby6 »

I have been flying with Jetstar until now. I was looking to fly to Melbourne in April and cannot find any flights. A mate tried to find a flight home for Christmas and was also unsuccessful. I go onto the Jetstar website but cannot find a flight. Does anyone know know if Jetstar is flying from Phnom Penh to Melbourne in 2020. I like their flight via Singapore as it was only a 2 hour stop over. Thanks
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Re: Jetstar Flights between Phnom Penh and Melbourne

Post by hiway5 »

There are flights available if you book the sectors separately,
Last edited by hiway5 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

scoresby6 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:59 pm I have been flying with Jetstar until now. I was looking to fly to Melbourne in April and cannot find any flights. A mate tried to find a flight home for Christmas and was also unsuccessful. I go onto the Jetstar website but cannot find a flight. Does anyone know know if Jetstar is flying from Phnom Penh to Melbourne in 2020. I like their flight via Singapore as it was only a 2 hour stop over. Thanks
Jetstar advertise they will be cheaper than any competitor. When a competitor comes along with flights so cheap that Jetstar would lose money if they were cheaper, they no longer have flights available. Buy they don't tell us that.

You may be able to get one booking with Jetstar to Sydney or Darwin, then a separate booking to Singapore and Phnom Penh. But it will probably not be the cheapest fare. It will most likely be two separate fares which together are more expensive then their competitors.

I don't know, but it is probably Air Asia which has undercut them. Check out Air Asia's fares for the same trip.

If it is not Air Asia, check out other airlines.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Post by hiway5 »

Just saw Jetstar are having strike problems. Some flights cancelled at the moment Could be ongoing.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

hiway5 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:20 pm Just saw Jetstar are having strike problems. Flights cancelled. Could be ongoing.
Maybe it is only temporary.

Go with another airline for this trip.

See if Jetstar return to this route in the future.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
scoresby6
Tourist
Australia

Post by scoresby6 »

Thanks everyone. I see Qantas still have the flight into Singapore with a 2 hr layover before another flies into Tullamarine.. I currently have a flight booked with Air Asia and it was a fair bit cheaper than Jetstar. Several times the Jeststar flight has been cancelled so Explorer is right about the tactic of cancelling flights 'due to technical issues' etc.
scoresby6
Tourist
Australia

Post by scoresby6 »

I have just been advised by Jetstar Help that they have discontinued their services between Phnom Penh and Melbourne.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic