Rough idea of months rental price for studio apartment?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Rough idea of months rental price for studio apartment?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:I have still yet to figure out why people would compare Cambodia to Thailand in terms of living as they are nothing alike in many ways.
I think in fairness the OP raised the question Cambodia or Thailand so that's what we are comparing. If they were the same why bother comparing them.
:thumb:
I read this as a question from someone who doesn't know the region, weighing up pros and cons for moving to either Thailand or Cambodia.

Most important is to decide is: "What do you want?" or "What is important to you ?"
Since we have no idea,
It's almost an impossible question . :Search:
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

ok, the facts of the matter -
I know plenty of barang chicks who live/have lived here, some single, some not. Just like the barang blokes, some hate the place and don't last, some love it and call it home. If you want the sex,drugs,rock and roll lifestyle, its here and easy to find. If you don't, its equally easy to avoid.
As for your original question. Self contained apartments ON the beach basically don't exist. I live about as close as you can get to the beach ( Occhuteal) for that type of housing and it takes me about 15 mins to stroll to the beach.I share a 6 bedroom house which costs $300 a month. Currently there are only 2 of us here so its $150 a month each and around $40 for utilities ( $20 each) I have a mate who just bought 2 studio apartments about 200mts from my place and he is asking $130 a month + utilities, say another $35 a month on top. I have another mate who lives about 50mts (as the crow flies) closer to the beach an he pays $200 + utilities but that is a poolside apartment.
Don't let the negativity from some of the other replies put you off. Like anywhere else in the world, you only get out of life what you are willing to put in to it.And some people aren't willing to put much effort in.
Sihanoukville may not be what you are looking for, but it MAY be YOUR paradise. You never know if you don't give it a go.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Just refreshed myself on the rest of the posts - lmfao.
A couple of points
1/ There is actually quite a vibrant social scene here for "normal " (by that I mean people that have a life outside of sex, drugs an drinking) people - be they single or couples. You WON'T be sitting lonely at the bar (unless that is your thing).
2/ The crime rate is somewhat over stated. Take normal precautions and you won't have anymore problems then you would in the west. Thats NOT to say crime doesn't happen here, just to say its no worse here probably then where you are now.
3/ Power this year has been a mixed bag. On when you would expect it to be off, off when you would expect it to be on! Sometimes only off for a matter of minutes, sometimes for 2 or 3 hours. You need to learn to live with it. That's life here . But it has been a LOT better this year then in the past an hopefully next year will be better again.
Basically, expect a different lifestyle then you have in Oz/UK/USA/Europe. After all, isn't that the whole point of being here?
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Hotdigr wrote:Just refreshed myself on the rest of the posts - lmfao.
A couple of points
1/ There is actually quite a vibrant social scene here for "normal " (by that I mean people that have a life outside of sex, drugs an drinking) people - be they single or couples. You WON'T be sitting lonely at the bar (unless that is your thing).
2/ The crime rate is somewhat over stated. Take normal precautions and you won't have anymore problems then you would in the west. Thats NOT to say crime doesn't happen here, just to say its no worse here probably then where you are now.
3/ Power this year has been a mixed bag. On when you would expect it to be off, off when you would expect it to be on! Sometimes only off for a matter of minutes, sometimes for 2 or 3 hours. You need to learn to live with it. That's life here . But it has been a LOT better this year then in the past an hopefully next year will be better again.
Basically, expect a different lifestyle then you have in Oz/UK/USA/Europe. After all, isn't that the whole point of being here?
Do you have massive lizards, who if they bit you, the effect would be you will die a slow and very infected death? ...... No

Do you have drugs cartels that will murder 40 plus people then dump their bodies in a single pile on the local highway..... No

Do you have David Cameron as Prime Minister and Ed Milliband as the Prime minister in waiting? ..... No

If you also answer NO to each of the above questions, then be happy you have the odd power cut. At least when the lights are out you are not getting attacked by a giant lizard, murdered by a crazed drugs cartel or fucked, over a barrel by your own Government.

Just buy a candle and listen to the wise, balanced words (in perspective) of Hotdigr.

There is some sh*t going on everywhere in the world that would negatively affect your life, if you choose to live there, except maybe the Vatican City, as you lot are to old to be the victims of institutional paedophilia.

Life is an adventure, live it !

:hattip:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic