Birth Control

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Birth Control

Post by Yerg »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:45 pm My wife has the implant in the arm, good for 3 years but that was done in the west.

I heard of this place and it shows it has all the options in the contraceptives menu. http://www.mariestopes.org.kh/service
I absolutely second the Marie Stopes suggestion. They were brilliant with me and SWMBO. Effective, and they take a very 'advisory' position with the people who go there. Give all the information to help you make the most informed decision for you. Don't push one way or another, let you make your own mind up, and then give you what you ask for. My missus went for the arm implant in the end. She said it was a fairly painless and simple process.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

fire and forget
followed by years of anxiety at school events in case dopelgangers
seriously though, is gynefix available in Cambodia?

monstra mihi bona!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Vasectomies the go for us guy's if you're sure you don't want any kids and there will be no woman turning up with a baby in her arms telling you it's yours
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

atst wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:06 am Vasectomies the go for us guy's if you're sure you don't want any kids and there will be no woman turning up with a baby in her arms telling you it's yours

Oh yes they will .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Duncan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:48 am
atst wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:06 am Vasectomies the go for us guy's if you're sure you don't want any kids and there will be no woman turning up with a baby in her arms telling you it's yours

Oh yes they will .
Have to second this one too. I had the snip, and had to endure the argument that said I couldn't possibly have fathered her child. Vasectomy + condom was a pretty sure bet in my eyes.
Best 20 minutes of my life, if I'm honest. (The argument, not the sex. That was at least 2-3 hours :hattip: !!!)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic