WoW! Is This the First Gay/Lesbian Wedding in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Drifter
Expatriate

Re: WoW! Is This the First Gay/Lesbian Wedding in Cambodia?

Post by Drifter »

MekongMouse wrote:You guys nailed it. An NGO forced this otherwise straight pair of women to marry eachother. Had nothing to do with love. Nope, couldn't be that.
yeah but it's a fact there's a shitload of western NGOs in cambodia promoting "LGBTQ" rights, it can't be denied or dismissed as conspiracy, all these NGOs are active in the territory and in a constant attempt to push their agenda and their gay propaganda.

it's not my business where they like to put their dick, but they've nothing to complain in cambodia or thailand as here gays and ladyloys are accepted and tolerated at levels never seen in the West.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Re the "NGO" comments - read the article:
Women who call themselves The groom in day marriage name Suu staff Lin, 18, who father is Swedish Sovann, 53, and mother named Pa Sok Ry, 56, lives near Khsam City Chhnang Province. Separate women as bride named Harmon September, 18, father Richmond welfare, 64,
It's a good idea to read the article before posting. No names, but one or two people here seem quick to whip out the NGO "insult" - however, if you read the article it says that the fathers are barang - and presumably the families are western/khmer mix and these are family photos.
So you look a bit foolish with your I-hate-NGO ranting. Not to mention that this is a lesbian wedding, so raving on about
where they like to put their dick
is a little OT to say the least. ( Biology 101) :fool:

If you post a rant without bothering to read the article, it shows a lack of respect for the other people posting here. It also makes you look intellectually impaired. If I can understand this google translate (for once), you should too...
At least make a effort, m'kay... %)
(Damn, I wish I could sign off here as "Your Mother" .)
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Anchor Moy wrote:Re the "NGO" comments - read the article:
Women who call themselves The groom in day marriage name Suu staff Lin, 18, who father is Swedish Sovann, 53, and mother named Pa Sok Ry, 56, lives near Khsam City Chhnang Province. Separate women as bride named Harmon September, 18, father Richmond welfare, 64,
It's a good idea to read the article before posting. No names, but one or two people here seem quick to whip out the NGO "insult" - however, if you read the article it says that the fathers are barang - and presumably the families are western/khmer mix and these are family photos.
So you look a bit foolish with your I-hate-NGO ranting. Not to mention that this is a lesbian wedding, so raving on about
where they like to put their dick
is a little OT to say the least. ( Biology 101) :fool:

If you post a rant without bothering to read the article, it shows a lack of respect for the other people posting here. It also makes you look intellectually impaired. If I can understand this google translate (for once), you should too...
At least make a effort, m'kay... %)
(Damn, I wish I could sign off here as "Your Mother" .)
:plus1:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Simply because the parents are a mix of barang and khmer does not mean they could not be NGO workers. Plus I don't see a barang in the picture who looks over 50. Simply because I suggested that they might be NGO workers does not make them members of a conspiracy.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Well, if an NGO helped 2 lesbian women get married in Cambodia, good on them.

We need more NGO's like that!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

General, of all of the problems facing Cambodia this one would be WAY down on my list of things to do.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Lesbian weddings? Are you serious? I would put this in the top 3 most important things on any government's agenda. Probably right between clean water and free medical care.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

General Mackevili wrote:Lesbian weddings? Are you serious? I would put this in the top 3 most important things on any government's agenda. Probably right between clean water and free medical care.
GM for president-dictator ! :bow:

Clean water, lesbian weddings and free medical care... that's what I call an agenda. Carry on.

(Oh, and while you're at it...free gin and tonics would also influence my vote. :beer1: )
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I've had the free gin and tonics, they're pretty good. Looking forward to theGeneral's return for more of the same.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

And affordable gin&tonics should in the top 10 priorities.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic