The $3 massage parlours near Street 136

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: The $3 massage parlours near Street 136

Post by Phnom Poon »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:04 pm It's weird how these places have proliferated so quickly. They all use similar signs and if you look, most have a bed and a sofa and do not look smart or anything like what a proper massage salon would look like. And if you look, women start calling out to you in a fairly aggressive way. It seems bizarre that they are being tolerated when there is a gradual tendency to clean up PP and they seem to have a business model that is based on theft and sexual services. I have never seen a customer go in or out of one but OTOH why would they proliferate?
The $3 or $5 massage signs that they all use have been in PP for a long time in less central areas and I understand the cheap "massage" in that case was actually referring to coining which the locals frequently feel the need for.
wut?

monstra mihi bona!
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:04 pm It's weird how these places have proliferated so quickly. They all use similar signs and if you look, most have a bed and a sofa and do not look smart or anything like what a proper massage salon would look like. And if you look, women start calling out to you in a fairly aggressive way. It seems bizarre that they are being tolerated when there is a gradual tendency to clean up PP and they seem to have a business model that is based on theft and sexual services. I have never seen a customer go in or out of one but OTOH why would they proliferate?
The $3 or $5 massage signs that they all use have been in PP for a long time in less central areas and I understand the cheap "massage" in that case was actually referring to coining which the locals frequently feel the need for.
it is weird. whenever a business closes one of these moves in. its like a franchise. maybe they are police owned. I dont see how they pay the rent but its not a good sign economically that they cant rent these places to real businesses. I guess tourism is down
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Taylornative wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:44 pm Hey guys I’m new to the area I live in the Kandal providence and I have been looking for a place to get a massage there is some places by me one is for 15,000 riel and the others are for 10,000 idk which to choose or the best time to go can anyone help

And now the 50 cents tough call, from Mr America. Taco bell or Chipotle, kind of....
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Yeah, it's weird how these $3 places have proliferated so quickly and taken over from the traditional 10,000 Riel places.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:39 am Yeah, it's weird how these $3 places have proliferated so quickly and taken over from the traditional 10,000 Riel places.
Maybe they switched from palm oil to margarine for the handjob ?
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by jovial fucher »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:39 am Yeah, it's weird how these $3 places have proliferated so quickly and taken over from the traditional 10,000 Riel places.
Yeah, It is weird! The cost of ripping you off shouldn't go from 10,000 Riel to a whole 3 dollars. Maybe the girls have teeth now or they give you a tissue after or something.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Maybe the price of ghost money has gone up. You know..when the helpful girls kindly exchange that tired and worn looking $100 in the customer's wallet with a fresh, crisp new one.. :mrgreen:
SaigonBilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by SaigonBilly »

For $3 everyone gets the samething. hehehe
It's all good or or it's no good!
:D :evil6:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

SaigonBilly wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:51 am For $3 everyone gets the samething. hehehe
Fake dollar notes, you mean ?
SaigonBilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by SaigonBilly »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:58 am
SaigonBilly wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:51 am For $3 everyone gets the samething. hehehe
Fake dollar notes, you mean ?
:goodluck:
It's all good or or it's no good!
:D :evil6:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic