Dog Poisoning in Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Dog Poisoning in Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Warning for people to keep an eye on their dogs in Siem Reap, from the Siem Reap Expats facebook page:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Dog Poisoning in Siem Reap

Post by explorer »

Is the meat suitable for eating after the dog has been poisoned?

I know, they sell the meat. They don't care if people eating it get poisoned, as long as they get money.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

explorer wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:55 pm Is the meat suitable for eating after the dog has been poisoned?

I know, they sell the meat. They don't care if people eating it get poisoned, as long as they get money.

F**Kin hell, it's like living in the Middle Ages
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hard to know what actually happened in this case, but from other reports, poisoning dogs is not standard procedure for commercial dog-nappers.
explorer wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:55 pm Is the meat suitable for eating after the dog has been poisoned?
If this was really the case they would not sell many dogs. Seriously, killing off your customers is not an economically sound business practice.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

:assasin: I beleive there was a case a couple of years ago in a village where a bloke bought a dead poisoned dog of a neighbour and ate some of it and promply died.Then they served the rest of the dog at his funeral and killed and poisoned a few more people. :assasin:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

andy1 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:50 am :assasin: I beleive there was a case a couple of years ago in a village where a bloke bought a dead poisoned dog of a neighbour and ate some of it and promply died.Then they served the rest of the dog at his funeral and killed and poisoned a few more people. :assasin:
3 dead and 30 went to hospital:
newsworthy/people-died-and-other-hospit ... t7194.html
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Dog nappers use the noose-on-a-stick method. People who dislike your dog for some reason poison it. Or it could have eaten poison meant for something else, if you let your pets roam the streets at night, digging in people's rubbish, they could be eating anything.
Soyoung123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soyoung123 »

I have seen a rabid dog beaten in Kompong Thom. The owner allowed the man who successfully clubbed it to keep it as an apology for it biting his dog and nearly biting him. They made a bonfire, use a machete to cut all the hair as best as possible, dumped it in the fire (vs grilling it over the fire which was interesting). I'm not sure what happened to his dog that was bitten.

I think this is more a case of an annoyed neighbor who was sick of a dog barking and trying to nip at her while riding the moto past the house everyday. An easy way to solve the problem. Sad nevertheless.

I agree. It could have also eaten something bad. It also kind a looks like Parvo as I believe it usually involves bleeding from the anus.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Thieves wanting to steal from your house poison not dog nappers. They say two egg yolks down the dogs throat straight away will clear out the poison
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic