How do local women usually act during their pregnancies?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

How do local women usually act during their pregnancies?

Post by Sweet Lemon »

Serena Williams won the Australian Open at 8 weeks pregnant. My girlfriend is 8 weeks pregnant and every day is a litany of complaints about headaches, stomaches, too tired to move, etc. Is this normal? It seems like she's really milking this. No pun intended. Do all Cambodian women do this?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: How do local women usually act during their pregnancies?

Post by Duncan »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:45 am Serena Williams won the Australian Open at 8 weeks pregnant. My girlfriend is 8 weeks pregnant and every day is a litany of complaints about headaches, stomaches, too tired to move, etc. Is this normal? It seems like she's really milking this. No pun intended. Do all Cambodian women do this?
What game is your girlfriend playing ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

8 months maybe.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:45 am Serena Williams won the Australian Open at 8 weeks pregnant. My girlfriend is 8 weeks pregnant and every day is a litany of complaints about headaches, stomaches, too tired to move, etc. Is this normal? It seems like she's really milking this. No pun intended. Do all Cambodian women do this?
its typical pregnancy, in the first few months women experience a lot of morning sickness, that will be why shes complaining about her stomach, probably has headaches due to dehydration, and making her lethargic
Nausea and vomiting can be one of the first signs of pregnancy and usually begins around the 6th week of pregnancy. It can occur at any time of the day, and for most women, it seems to stop after the 12th week of pregnancy.

Morning Sickness Facts
More than 50% of pregnant women experience morning sickness. Morning sickness refers to the nauseous feeling you may have during the first trimester of pregnancy, which is a result of the increased hormones in your body.

Morning sickness can be accompanied by vomiting. Many doctors think morning sickness is a good sign because it means the placenta is developing well.
https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy ... pregnancy/
A person with morning sickness often feels tired and nauseous, and they may vomit. Although rarely serious, it can be incredibly unpleasant.

Morning sickness is also known as nausea gravidarum, nausea/vomiting of pregnancy (NVP), emesis gravidarum, and pregnancy sickness. For many women, the symptoms of morning sickness are their first signs of pregnancy.

Morning sickness affects around 80 percent of all pregnant females. Women who use hormonal contraception or HRT (hormone replacement therapy) may also have symptoms similar to morning sickness.

In the vast majority of cases, morning sickness, although an unpleasant experience, has no health risk for the baby and is a regular part of pregnancy. In fact, some studiesTrusted Source indicate that morning sickness during pregnancy can be a sign of a healthy pregnancy, with lower rates of miscarriages and stillbirths, compared with pregnancies with no nausea or vomiting.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/179633.php
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Duncan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:08 am What game is your girlfriend playing ?
Mod edit: no need for derogatory remark

monstra mihi bona!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Bo''*-of-Freightdog soldiered on magnificently. Had a hard time stopping her from pushing herself too hard, in fact. Even during delivery, she remembered to hold my hand and inflict as much damage as possible, :thumb: despite my tears.

*Don't tell her I said that
philip.smith
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by philip.smith »

Serena Williams = Peak of female fitness with carers, doctors, chefs round the clock to look after her.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I only have a sample size of one, but repeated the experiment twice.

Increased consumption of Prahoc and Cheeseburgers and a taste for BBQ pork ribs were the only major changes.

Except that she had a child when she finished being pregnant both times. Those also were changes.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:50 pm
Increased consumption of Prahoc and Cheeseburgers and a taste for BBQ pork ribs were the only major changes.
I was expecting and somewhat braced for ‘cravings’.
Then, I came to my senses. Being Cambodian, she eats some weird crap, anyway, and generally requires rest stops for fruit replenishments almost as often as western women need pee breaks on a journey. So how would I know if it were a cravings or not?

I settled in for the long slog. Fortunately, my company were such arseholes about the whole situation that I was absent far too often in the latter stages.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Local people in general tend to be on the hypochondriac side. So compound that with the various complications of pregnancy and general living and you can imagine it might not all be plain sailing.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic