Bird and Nature Festival Held at Royal University

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bird and Nature Festival Held at Royal University

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: A bird and nature festival under the theme "Conservation of Birds and Nature for All of Us" was held yesterday, Saturday December 7, 2019 at the Royal University of Phnom Penh.
Environment Minister Srin Darith said at the opening of the bird and nature festival that the festival is aimed at disseminating awareness of the existence of rare Cambodian birds to the general public. This is in order to inform people, particularly the younger generation, about the importance of bird conservation, biodiversity and natural habitats, and the need to protect Cambodia's eco-systems.
In order to protect the habitat of birds in Cambodia, there are also several international organizations for the conservation of birds and wildlife, who are invested in the protection of endangered species that are native to the Kingdom.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Bird and Nature Festival Held at Royal University

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

GO!! next year now, if you have half an interest in natural Cambodia.

The people that hang about, and come out of, RUPP Department of Natural Resources Management and Development are amongst the best real scientists Cambodia produces.
Fab guidance and backup from international conservation and science. Followed through by later training, internships, research support, careers etc from the big conservation orgs.
Flows through into the relevant ministries too.
"Capacity building" works in this field. Big time.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I’m going to hold a bird and nature festival on 130 who wants to come?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Sorry to be pessimistic, but the Royal University needs to start building massive bird conversation centers now to protect the 100+ species from dying out.

With land concessions given out like political candy, non-existent illegal logging, unbridled construction and development, there won’t be any natural environment for the birds to live in a few generations.

And with the local predisposition to eat anything that flies, there wont’t be any birds left either.

Just a sad prediction from the eternal tourist to the KOW.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

I understand your total negativism, Nuke.
Many blokes catch that here - but the birds and blokes like me can't afford the luxury.

But don't loose too much sleep - there are lots of us "f'ing do-gooders" out there actually making a difference.
Things could keep changing...

(Edit; Sorry Nuke that was a bit antsy of me. I sometimes feel i have to battle the negativity just as fiercely as the ELC's.
I do understand the pessimism, i have to battle it everyday in myself, but it is far from the full picture. When i get back, i'd gladly take you on a little tour and give you a little pep talk to perk you up. It ain't as bad as you think)
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

fax wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:08 pm I’m going to hold a bird and nature festival on 130 who wants to come?
:thumb:
Im in
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Fax's Bird Tour
unique - and unforgettable
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Good news!

April 11, 2020
Endangered river terns spotted in Kratie and Stung Treng
River terms at breeding sites in the two provinces. Dreamstime

The wild animal conservation team has spotted rare river terns in the flooded areas of Kratie and Stung Treng provinces.

The news of the existence of the endangered animal was shared recently on the Facebook page of the WWF Cambodia.

So far, joint efforts between concerned government bodies, especially the Ministry of Environment and development partners including WWF have been working hard to conserve wild animals.

Endangered animals, including the river gulls, have been given the highest priority for conservation works. Pheng Somany/AKP
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50711898/e ... ung-treng/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Wouldnt want to let the locals know. They'll be eating them soon enough.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic