Friend arrested in kampot

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Re: Friend arrested in kampot

Post by Bcysblues »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:19 pm @ OP or ex-girlfriend. If I remember rightly, someone has posted on here about visiting someone who was locked up in the immigration centre by the airport. They might be able to help you with some tips if you want to go and check out if your boyfriend is there. I don't remember who it was, so up to them to contact you I guess.
Sorry not to be more helpful. Maybe someone here has the phone number for the Immigration Dept ? Get a Khmer speaker to phone them for you, at least to find out where he is being held.
Thank you for wanting to be helpfull. It may prove usefull :) Its more than we had at least.
Halt and catch fire.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

01 fans or 10? Khmers prefix integers smaller than 10 with 0 in writing.

It was Captain Bonez who visited someone in jail. fax
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

I just had a coffee at the GH in Kampot . I asked the lady that runs it if she had heard anymore about the man and the bill. It is most likely he has been detained by immigration in Phnom Penh that is of course if he is still there he might have paid and left already.
I hope this helps the OP find his friend. I think Norwegians contact the French Embassy for assistance so they might want to try there as well.

The bill was for more than just the room,food and un-repairable broken fan. Other items in the room were damaged beyond use (bed linen and towels filthy). I only asked about this to end the speculation by other posters as the woman settled the bill anyway.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

the woman has been back on a Kampot FB group from Norway so she made it home. She was trying to locate the man now referred to as her "idiot exboyfriend" as she has got together some money to help him out of his overstay. A Norwegian living in Kampot got involved to try and help and discovered the man, Thomas, is still in Kampot locked up and apparently the police don't know the woman paid the bill for the Paris GH so that owner was going to let them know asap. ...

I wont be having coffee there for a while as travelling now so no more updates from me
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

I have a feeling he will be back home with uss soon :)
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

10 dollar fan. The receit was percented to the police, and the hostel is dropping charges,much thanks to the help we got from one kind expat we now think that he will be back home with friends and family soon :)
Halt and catch fire.
Marie
Tourist
Norway

Post by Marie »

Limbo wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:33 am Hello, a friend of mine got arrested in kampot. The charges as far as I know are not serious at all. Do anyone know how I can get in contact with the jail, and pay a fine or something to get him home? The guys name is Thomas Kristiansen.
Best regards Pål Saltvedt
So its been seven months and Thomas is still in jail..?????
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Marie wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:23 am So its been seven months and Thomas is still in jail..?????
You’re supposed to negotiate his release. If you’re waiting for justice you will wait for a long time.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

I guess that they are disappointed if they thought they could get money for him. I talked to his feiends and family but no one really cares. This will all be at their own expence. I have myself to care about as he is not my boyfriend anymore.
Halt and catch fire.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

No money No honey classic
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic