Kuala lumpar for 30 days

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Pedroviera
Expatriate
United States of America

Kuala lumpar for 30 days

Post by Pedroviera »

Kuala lumpar appears to be rising in the ranks for expat living. Easy visa stuff for Cambodian and American couple . Cheap airfare from Cambodia. It appears to be some areas very modern and walkable with many condos/areas that have tree-lined trails ect.... Airbnb and lodging looks many good options 20-30 usd nightly . I do see the booze is expensive. Sleep meds unavailable....Any tips or recommendations for Kuala lumpar?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kuala lumpar for 30 days

Post by timmydownawell »

Tiger beer 5 ringgit per can ($1.25) on the street, but costs more at supermarkets and Quick E Marts.

I stayed at an Airbnb in the Swiss Garden apartments near Bukit Bintang in September, was about $25/night, nice pool and close to Jalan Alor with all the food and all of Bukit Bintang's malls and bars. KL offers great food with Malay, Indian, Chinese, Middle Eastern and European. I could happily put on 10kg and probably would if I lived there.

ETA: They don't have tuk tuks but Grab cars were very cheap there, cheaper than Grab tuk tuks in PP. One of my rides was only $1.25.

Also electricity very cheap. In Sarawak (where I also went) for usage of 200-300kWh/month it's about 6c/unit. More if you use more, it's a sliding scale. Which is just over a third of the price here.
Last edited by timmydownawell on Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Aquaria ,,, under water world, I thought the tickets were a bit on the high side, but I shouldn't complain as I got a senior citizen rate.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrU8NV ... NpNl30Pc0-
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Went once, didn't find any reason to ever go again, Just another city that happens to be in asia.

Penang would be a much better choice...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I'd a great time in KL last month. Everything, except beer and cigarettes, is much cheaper. Great food, bang on.
Pedroviera
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Pedroviera »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:43 pm Went once, didn't find any reason to ever go again, Just another city that happens to be in asia.

What about penang makes it a better choice?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Talking mostly about Georgetown;
Smaller, UNESCO city (Georgetown), lots of history, great walking city, warm,& friendly people, great food, great transit system, close to the beach, (more than one) One of SE Asia's best hotel, ( the E & O, one of the grand ladies, along with the Strand and Raffles), budget accommodations as well, very mixed population, great for sightseeing, Good nightlife

All in all, one of my favorite cites in SE Asia

https://phuket.zenfolio.com/p867215729
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Gator
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Gator »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:43 pm Went once, didn't find any reason to ever go again, Just another city that happens to be in asia.

Agreed. I personally enjoyed Penang a lot more. Amazing food and cool, old architecture. I really enjoyed getting my morning run in, down by the water.

King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I love helipad bar. Seeing those iconic buildings from closeby with a fine guiness was nice. At the same time you see the mist over the hills outside of town. Batu caves, food, good nightlife in bb.
I take it over Bangkok for a stopover any day.
Unfortunately I have friends in Bangkok and the airfares are more competitive so end up there most of the times.
Pedroviera
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Pedroviera »

Thanks all tips guys! Looks good...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic