How Many Thailand Farang Are Broke?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: How Many Thailand Farang Are Broke?

Post by Robins »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:34 am
Robins wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:41 am The broke ones should be gone. I had to transfer 800,000 Baht from the US into a Thai bank to renew my retirement last June.
Easy work around, 15-24,000 baht/year to an agent. Of course you need to have that first :-)
But for may easier to get than $26,000
Dont forget u need leave it there for 3 months an than you cant only take 1/2 out.

800,000 baht in a Prasac 1 year account earns over 48,000 baht :hattip:
Thanks for the reminder, I just leave it in the account, it was only drawing less than 2% interest in the US bank anyway.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

The HCMC and Savannakhet, Laos, Thai consulates will issue 1 year extensions based on marriage with no financial information needed. I believe Dubai does too but it is a bit of a flight to get there. With an extension on your extension, a fellow is able to milk 17 months out of it apparently. I have never understood why single men must bank 800,000 baht and married only 400,000 baht, surely expenses for a married man are higher. And of course, females married to Thai citizens don t have to bank diddly squat.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Mishmash wrote:I cannot believe this thread.

I have been personally attacked for having a wife ....
Mish - please don’t take it personally and start feeling bad.

It’s a group of keyboard warriors on CEO who take great pleasure in personal attacks.

They in turn drive many away from making CEO a great place to be.

I just try my best to not respond to their bashing, no matter how utterly untrue, heinous, or otherwise ludicrous.

And especially try not to give in when these cretins clamor for ‘proof’ of my worthiness to them.

This isn’t confessional, and they sure aren’t ordained from the lord to absolve me of my sins. Actually I prayed to the lord, and bad things happened. I prayed to Budda, and Missus came down from the heavens to bless me.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:40 am
Yes, lets make this a safe place and encourage the sensitive and precious to join. :facepalm:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:40 am
Mishmash wrote:I cannot believe this thread.

I have been personally attacked for having a wife ....
Mish - please don’t take it personally and start feeling bad.

It’s a group of keyboard warriors on CEO who take great pleasure in personal attacks.

I just try my best to not respond to their bashing, no matter how utterly untrue, heinous, or otherwise ludicrous.

And especially try not to give in when these cretins clamor for ‘proof’ of my worthiness to them.

This isn’t confessional, and they sure aren’t ordained from the lord to absolve me of my sins. Actually I prayed to the lord, and bad things happened. I prayed to Budda, and Missus came down from the heavens to bless me.
Said the guy who was only too pleased to tell me his mother feels all Jews should have been exterminated. Oh and " Budda " is spelt Buddha
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

Joke: Never argue with an idiot.
Another idiot will smell it and jump in.
Then you will be arguing with 2 idiots.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Multipox wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:08 pm Joke: Never argue with an idiot.
Another idiot will smell it and jump in.
Then you will be arguing with 2 idiots.
Joke
If you are going to be a smartass
First, you have to be smart
Otherwise, you are just an ass
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

Multipox wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:29 am
Robins wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:41 am The broke ones should be gone.....
if they can survive here and they are allowed in, then it shouldn't matter how much money they have

why don't we also say people who come here to work should be gone, because if they weren't working, they would be broke, too
My quote has been seriously taken out of context by only quoting half the sentence. I said they should (as in are likely) be gone because of the rules imposed last year for visa renewal. I wasn't endorsing the rule or saying I think they should leave.

Whoever did that, if your going to quote someone quote the whole sentence or don't mislead the context of the statement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic