On Ya Bike! The Cycling Thread.

Title says it all really...
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: On Ya Bike! The Cycling Thread.

Post by beaker »

pissontheroof wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:04 am
beaker wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:16 am My wife wants to get an ebike so we will sell her current bike everything is in working order. $100.
This is the bike: (unwashed)
It has 3 speed internal rear hub gearing, bell, light with built-in front hub dynamo, built-in rear lock and front steering lock to keep bike stable while loading and unloading. The front basket is also a child carrier like in the picture below.(not her's, shes out riding, shown for how seat opens)
That. looks like my style and this one : explorer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:07 pm
“This is my preference. I normally stay in smaller towns, and cycle to and around the villages, sometimes on dirt tracks, sometimes through mud.”

It still makes me wonder why boys buy ‘ boys bikes ‘ with that bar under the seat to rack your balls on.
Ever since i did that once , i been buying myself ‘ girls bikes ‘ and no problem ...

After seeing this one i want one now .. don’t know what’s available up here in bumfuck inactive post k.thom
any suggestions ? Or maybe I can find and flag down a Mormon 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Also looking for a pet shop here for some cat toys ... i got no response from that qwestion here either .... yet

Cheese 🧀
Some more info and pictures of the bike.

front light with dynamo built in to the front hub
built in rear lock
front locking used to keep stable while loading and unloading
Three speed rear hub
front child seat with seat belts open
front seat folds up to use as a basket for groceries
built in bell
plenty of seating in rear
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

one_dolla wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:30 am 500m Altitude yesterday ( up Bokor) thats where the Gaurdian of the Forrest is. If you dont know its a BIG rock that looks like a face. It might have been carved that I dont know.
Both my phone apps & gopro gave different altitudes but I snapped a photo of the cycle and later looking at thats location on google maps,set to terrain mode so you can see contour lines, 500m is just about where I stopped close enough anyway. I was going to head up more but a strong wind started blowing downhill so I decided that was enough for this week!

Coming downhill was fun
Hallo 1$, as you are Kampot based could you please give an update with the road conditions around Kampot. Might be there next week and wanna cycle a bit. Bokor, Kep etc.
Would be highly appreciated
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

I have been on all these routes in the last 2 weeks so quite up to date.
Kep road is all good now ...heavy trucks etc but plenty space
Road to Bokor is good nowsame traffic as Kep road plenty space
Phnom Penh road unknown still heavy road works as I cross it but I dont cycle it
Road up to Tada waterfall surface not bad hoards of 5 ton trucks in small convoy for first half I really did not enjoy that ride
Road along other side of river that goes past Saby beach under construction so dirt and wide in areas ....you can also get onto a track that runs along an irrigation canal that crosses both the Kep road and PP road

If you want a mostly traffic free ride try Fish island once you are off the concrete road its all dirt and take a right to go down through a quiet village area. Hardly ever see a car or truck out there.

I can not find a picture of the irrigation route right now but its easy to find on google maps. Only one bit you have to get back on the road right now but hard to discribe.
Here is a picture of one route on fish island.

one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

I surprised myself yesterday and made it to the gate house up Bokor at 1000m, That was enough. I have been up many times on a scooter so no need this time to ride out to the old casion, church or waterfalls and I still have to get back down and cycle the last 9km or so into town.!
Looking back downhill in this photo green building is the gatehouse, there is a new gatehouse being constructed quite a bit futher downhill.

This image came from a gopro video
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

King Keil wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:34 am
one_dolla wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:30 am 500m Altitude yesterday ( up Bokor) thats where the Gaurdian of the Forrest is. If you dont know its a BIG rock that looks like a face. It might have been carved that I dont know.
Both my phone apps & gopro gave different altitudes but I snapped a photo of the cycle and later looking at thats location on google maps,set to terrain mode so you can see contour lines, 500m is just about where I stopped close enough anyway. I was going to head up more but a strong wind started blowing downhill so I decided that was enough for this week!

Coming downhill was fun
Hallo 1$, as you are Kampot based could you please give an update with the road conditions around Kampot. Might be there next week and wanna cycle a bit. Bokor, Kep etc.
Would be highly appreciated
here is a photo of the route along the irrigation canals
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Thank you, great information. I just wanna go up to the black palace/yamao and kep.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

And your view over Kampot is also nice in the afternoon.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

King Keil wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:08 pm Image
And your view over Kampot is also nice in the afternoon.
the wind nearly blew me to a standstill there the other day
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Bikes Bringing People Together
Battambang province: On 30 December 2019, Cambodia and Thailand organized a 20 kilometer joint bicycling tour in Battambang province to promote friendship, health, tourism and the environment.
The event was attended by local government officials from other provinces, and the bicyclists from the Thai side were led by HE Chan Borei, Consul of Thailand. The Battambang governor said that the event will be organized by the Battambang Provincial Government every year together with Thailand.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
sharks.onbikes
Tourist

Post by sharks.onbikes »

one_dolla wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:16 am I have been on all these routes in the last 2 weeks so quite up to date.
Kep road is all good now ...heavy trucks etc but plenty space
Road to Bokor is good nowsame traffic as Kep road plenty space
Phnom Penh road unknown still heavy road works as I cross it but I dont cycle it
Road up to Tada waterfall surface not bad hoards of 5 ton trucks in small convoy for first half I really did not enjoy that ride
Road along other side of river that goes past Saby beach under construction so dirt and wide in areas ....you can also get onto a track that runs along an irrigation canal that crosses both the Kep road and PP road

If you want a mostly traffic free ride try Fish island once you are off the concrete road its all dirt and take a right to go down through a quiet village area. Hardly ever see a car or truck out there.

I can not find a picture of the irrigation route right now but its easy to find on google maps. Only one bit you have to get back on the road right now but hard to discribe.
Here is a picture of one route on fish island.

Hi one_dolla, it seems you live un Kampot. I am currently touring and have broken a spoke on my backwheel. Do you know a place in Kampot that can remove a casette, so I can put a ne spoke in. Any suggestion would be helpful [email protected]
Www.sharksonbikes.com

Cheers
Steff
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic