Prayut losing his grip!

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Prayut losing his grip!

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

lol Fab!

I get it - we'll "change our mind instead". (Lennon ^^)
So, where do we get some good acid these days? - so we can hurry up forgetting all about participating in those pleb's petty democracy stuff...
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:41 am lol Fab!

I get it - we'll "change our mind instead". (Lennon ^^)
So, where do we get some good acid these days? - so we can hurry up forgetting all about participating in those pleb's petty democracy stuff...
More in Bangkok today and more planned in January BKK and Chiang Mai
Action in Bangkok.
ส่งกำลังใจไปให้แหวนและคนสู้ในประเทศไทย
Image Image
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Thanks Adds, keep us posted on how it unfolds.

(PS, the "change your mind not the constitution" thing, was wildly entertaining for 5 minutes - but rioting on the streets is much more enduring fun. I reckon)
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:50 pm Thanks Adds, keep us posted on how it unfolds.

(PS, the "change your mind not the constitution" thing, was wildly entertaining for 5 minutes - but rioting on the streets is much more enduring fun. I reckon)
Will do, junta getting worried they broke up a climate change protest Friday

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/ ... -disperse/
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Much ado about nothing, a couple of dozen people.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:31 pm Much ado about nothing, a couple of dozen people.
Todays protest is anti government and for their friends that were executed in Laos for doing , well just as they are above, so its a hell of a lot to them and just the start of more to come. Considering they stopped a climate change protest friday its pretty brave of them.
would you be so brave?
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

adders28 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:15 pm
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:31 pm Much ado about nothing, a couple of dozen people.
Todays protest is anti government and for their friends that were executed in Laos for doing , well just as they are above, so its a hell of a lot to them and just the start of more to come. Considering they stopped a climate change protest friday its pretty brave of them.
would you be so brave?
Given your sensationalist headline shouldn't you be asking yourself where are the millions of brave Thanathorn supporters as he is slowly but surely squeezed out as an effective challenge to the establishment. As we watch the brave youth of Hong Kong put their lives on the line facing real bullets and batons on the streets, where are the young Thai masses protesting against a rigged election and the gradual dismantling of the party they voted for ? Apathy and the old Thai establishment order reign again as it always has done. In any other country in the world, excluding Cambodia of course, what has gone on in Thai politics in the last 5 years would have resulted in a popular street uprising of massive proportions, in Thailand sweet FA, zilch, nada.

It will be a while before I pack my picnic for my 300 baht a day from other vested interests on the streets of Bangkok. The old adage of " It's the economy stupid " is the only thing that potentially could rock the boat.

By all means carry on with the drama queen act but I'm more inclined to think it's you that's losing their objective grip. P.S. that climate "protest" looked like a bunch of Khao San backpackers on a day out, I doubt they were up for a scrap.
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:33 am
adders28 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:15 pm
would you be so brave?
Given your sensationalist headline shouldn't you be asking yourself where are the millions of brave Thanathorn supporters as he is slowly but surely squeezed out as an effective challenge to the establishment. As we watch the brave youth of Hong Kong put their lives on the line facing real bullets and batons on the streets, where are the young Thai masses protesting against a rigged election and the gradual dismantling of the party they voted for ? Apathy and the old Thai establishment order reign again as it always has done. In any other country in the world, excluding Cambodia of course, what has gone on in Thai politics in the last 5 years would have resulted in a popular street uprising of massive proportions, in Thailand sweet FA, zilch, nada.

It will be a while before I pack my picnic for my 300 baht a day from other vested interests on the streets of Bangkok. The old adage of " It's the economy stupid " is the only thing that potentially could rock the boat.

By all means carry on with the drama queen act but I'm more inclined to think it's you that's losing their objective grip. P.S. that climate "protest" looked like a bunch of Khao San backpackers on a day out, I doubt they were up for a scrap.
I dont think you know what happens to anybody that protests against the junta, be it 10 or thousands, the fact that they did remove those climate change protesters says alot about the junta losing its grip dont you think? what are they afraid of?
I hope they are looking to HK, Joshua Wong was refused entry to Thailand for talking to Thanathorn in HK, why?
If you was thai i can tell, you would do sod all
the bigger protests are in January in bangkok and chaing mai, i think they need to do all over thailand not just bangkok where they get stopped
There are factions of the army and kings guard pissed off with prayut , its not just about red shirts now! most parties have many MPs that oppose him
Lots happening underground the mass protests of red shirts started with a few.....
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/po ... s#cxrecs_s

Was also discussed at FCCT tonight with thanathorn in Bangkok
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Notice the emphasis on the economic situation. It's the only thing that will cause the boat to be rocked because it affects everyone.. "It's the economy stupid", end of story.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic