river level

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: river level

Post by pczz »

Duncan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:33 pm
fsdfdsdf wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:36 pm
Duncan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 am I want to be in the Guinness book of records as the first person to ever walk across the Mekong and Tonlie Sap without getting their feet wet .
I think you are going to be out of luck there. the bottom 10m is below sea level, in PP anyway
sometime around 10 years ago you could have jumped across it. River was so low cows were graing the bottom and it was a srtream only a couple of metres wide at that time

Dam .
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Duncan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 am sometime around 10 years ago you could have jumped across it. River was so low cows were graing the bottom and it was a srtream only a couple of metres wide at that time
I've been living here since 2003 and I don't remember that at all.
In short: bullshit.

This year's level is indeed the lowest in LIVING memory.
And it's a disaster.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

frizzie77 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:55 am
Duncan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 am sometime around 10 years ago you could have jumped across it. River was so low cows were graing the bottom and it was a srtream only a couple of metres wide at that time

And it's a disaster.
Sorry duncan you are wrong. i have some photos somehwere. Will dig the out for you
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Picture for Duncan Riverside march 2013 Image
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

frizzie77 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:55 am

And it's a disaster.
I agree with that,,,, BUT IT WAS NOT MY QUOTE. I did not say that.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

pczz wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 am
Duncan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 am I want to be in the Guinness book of records as the first person to ever walk across the Mekong and Tonlie Sap without getting their feet wet .
I think you are going to be out of luck there. the bottom 10m is below sea level, in PP anyway
sometime around 10 years ago you could have jumped across it. River was so low cows were graing the bottom and it was a srtream only a couple of metres wide at that time

Dam .
Hey Mods,, Sort this out. I dont like being quoted for things I didn't say. Especially when the spelling is so bad. graing srtream

These are my posts.

I want to be in the Guinness book of records as the first person to ever walk across the Mekong and Tonlie Sap without getting their feet wet .

Dam .
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

pczz wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:24 am Picture for Duncan Riverside march 2013 Image
One small difference, we hardly entered the dry season and the rivers are nearly dry, your shot was taken towards the end of the dry season.
I flew in from Taiwan last week and both the Mekong and the Tonle Sap were small streams with loads of islands and huge sandy river banks. Usually there’s much much more water this time of year.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Duncan wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:49 am
pczz wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 am

Dam .
Hey Mods,, Sort this out. I dont like being quoted for things I didn't say. Especially when the spelling is so bad. graing srtream

These are my posts.

I want to be in the Guinness book of records as the first person to ever walk across the Mekong and Tonlie Sap without getting their feet wet .

Dam .

by pczz
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:09 am
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: river level
Replies: 26
Views: 1306
Great Britain
sometime around 10 years ago you could have jumped across it. River was so low cows were graing the bottom and it was a srtream only a couple of metres wide at that time I've been living here since 2003 and I don't remember that at all. In short: bullshit. This year's level is indeed the lowest in ...
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

i don't think that's not the mekong, but the bassaac or one of those other side channels

monstra mihi bona!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Phnom Poon wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:42 am i don't think that's not the mekong, but the bassaac or one of those other side channels
The bottom is certainly not 10m below sea level....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic