Tailors:Bangkok- The best O' Da Best!

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Tailors:Bangkok- The best O' Da Best!

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

I mentioned that I was going to Bangkok in the upcoming months. What are some of the best tailors in town?

My father and I both want to get some QUALITY suits made.

Thank you all for your help. Let's make this a running list. Useful information only, please.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Alf Tupper
Tourist
Tuvalu

Re: Tailors:Bangkok- The best O' Da Best!

Post by Alf Tupper »

I have used the Singh family for over 10 years now - their shop is called En Elle and is in the Amarin Plaza, Chit Lom BTS station has access. Great service and great quality.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

I always use Rajas, but they're more mid-level. He're the best discussion on the subject IMO, from Flyertalk: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand ... ilors.html
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

I always buy off-the-rack, but my brothers in law bought some suits from Prince Raja's in Soi Si Bumphen, and they are great. I got some shirts from him too. Great guy, and he's a bit away from the tourist strip so doesn't pull the same crap. He has a range from prices. He also has a lot of gay customers; gay guys tend to be fussy, so I think it helps confirm that he's good.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I've gotten suits made in Bangkok in years past. Most of the Indian "tailors" just take you measurements and choice of cloth and send it to a Thai tailor factory that does the actual work.
Ttr
Expatriate

Post by Ttr »

Look for quality, don't aim for a "cheap suit".

Find a decent tailor, say that you want the best, and don't leave it till the last minute, fittings may take a few days.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Ttr wrote:Look for quality, don't aim for a "cheap suit".

Find a decent tailor, say that you want the best, and don't leave it till the last minute, fittings may take a few days.
Refer back to my OP. Quality is what we seek. Cheers.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic