river level

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

river level

Post by fsdfdsdf »

its much lower then last year already. the lowest in living memory. this doesnt look like its going to have a happy ending to me http://ffw.mrcmekong.org/stations.php?S ... enh%20Port
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: river level

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Indeed, I read this great piece about the impact already, and it sounds very bleak for poor Cambodians

https://southeastasiaglobe.com/mekong-d ... reat-lake/
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Well if the chinese would like to open one of the several hundred dms they have built in laos that are holding back all the water from the mekong things might improve a bit
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It doesn't look good at all. The water and electrical shortages earlier this year were disruptive enough but now we are likely facing a much bigger problem.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

This sums it up well...

icetiger81
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by icetiger81 »

The worlds changing boys.....get ready
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I want to be in the Guinness book of records as the first person to ever walk across the Mekong and Tonlie Sap without getting their feet wet .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by mcam »

Is this being reported in any local news outlets to locals? I haven't heard Khmer people talking about it yet...
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Duncan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 am I want to be in the Guinness book of records as the first person to ever walk across the Mekong and Tonlie Sap without getting their feet wet .
Many a true word spoken in jest.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Yeah I mentioned it last year, but I sense we haven't seen the end of the water/power cuts during the dry season either.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic