Is there a reliable taxi firm operating from Phnom Penh airport?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Feelgood
Expatriate
Cambodia

Is there a reliable taxi firm operating from Phnom Penh airport?

Post by Feelgood »

Can I order a Pass App taxi at the airport? Will the airport allow Pass App vehicles to enter?

There used to be an official taxi desk at the airport that issued tickets to drivers and customers but that has gone. Whenever I come through the airport there is only a bunch of freelancing guys and that is not exactly secure and reliable.

Does anybody know of a decent taxi company operating out of the airport?
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Re: Is there a reliable taxi firm operating from Phnom Penh airport?

Post by Sweet Lemon »

The taxi drivers working inside the airport are not freelancing guys, they are the official airport taxi drivers.
deviantinfamous
Expatriate
Finland

Post by deviantinfamous »

you can get a grab from the airport
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Feelgood wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:35 pm Can I order a Pass App taxi at the airport? Will the airport allow Pass App vehicles to enter?
Yes.
Feelgood wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:35 pm Does anybody know of a decent taxi company operating out of the airport?
I always use grab or pass app. That way a specific driver will have more difficulty to target you if he wants to and you will have name and license plate of the driver.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Theres is a price list on the kiosk. Only official taxis can pick up im the airport but you can wlk outside and call a grab or passapp. won't save you afortune and unless you are travekking solo and small baggage a passp is going to be crowded.IMHO notworth the hassle to save $5 or so unless you are doing it often
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

If you ever drop your suspicious minds and make friends with a few true salt-of-the-earth, soul-of-cambodia, real
cambodian tuk tuk drivers, you could just call them up and have them high-ride you home in a coach fit for a king.
With his beaming grin of sincerely wicked delight that you are back in town. His friend.
6/7 bucks and totally safe if you a not an idiot or a paranoic.

Better than riding in a pathetic little Passapp pill of pox or a grubby Grab rat cage. Any day.
the only way to arrive back home >>
post357536.html?hilit=airport%20tuk%20tuk#p357535
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:50 am
Better than riding in a pathetic little Passapp pill of pox or a grubby Grab rat cage. Any day.
That is one of the funniest posts ever Stern....

Rat cage :lol:

It is trackable though. I often wonder where the hell i've been at night.. Now I know.

Tuk tuks are great - 99% of them will be a good friend
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:50 am If you ever drop your suspicious minds and make friends with a few true salt-of-the-earth, soul-of-cambodia, real
cambodian tuk tuk drivers, you could just call them up and have them high-ride you home in a coach fit for a king.
With his beaming grin of sincerely wicked delight that you are back in town. His friend.
6/7 bucks and totally safe if you a not an idiot or a paranoic.

So true. When I arrive in Cambodia my friend,with his wife, his children, AND some of his neighbours all come to the airport and bring me home in the grandest style in multiple tuk-tuks. I am looking forward to arriving soon.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:28 am It is trackable though. (Grab) I often wonder where the hell i've been at night.. Now I know.
That is the first excuse i have heard Mish, that makes sense.
and i think it can legitimately be used - especially by you.
:-D
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:02 am
Mishmash wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:28 am It is trackable though. (Grab) I often wonder where the hell i've been at night.. Now I know.
That is the first excuse i have heard Mish, that makes sense.
and i think it can legitimately be used - especially by you.
:-D
I have to say i live near bali - many times my wife comes out to tell the passapp i'm next door knock the wrong house.

I wonder why my missus not open the door or my dog not there.

Passapp or grab or tuk-tuk are great. Who is gonna help you at night in a third world country.

They are the best - very protective - recommended. :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic