British PAUL STEVENSON and Filipina Woman Hand Themselves in to Immigration

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British PAUL STEVENSON and Filipina Woman Hand Themselves in to Immigration

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On November 26, 2019, at 09:30 am, a Filipino woman and a British man, went to the Department of Investigation and Procedure Office at the Immigration Department in Phnom Penh asking for help to send them back to their country. Both of them have no visa, no money, and are sleeping on the street.

The two foreigners were identified as:
1. JOVEN PILAPIL SOON, JR., 38-year-old Filipino woman, came to Cambodia on January 02, 2019, through Poipet border. She lost her passport, and her visa has expired, but she didn't have the money to renew it. She was homeless and stayed on the street.
2. PAUL STEVENSON , a 53-year-old British man, has visited Cambodia 4 times, and the last time was on September 14, 2019, through Poipet border. He overstayed his visa and didn't have money to pay for an extension. He was also sleeping on the streets of Phnom Penh.

The two foreigners were sent to the Department of Investigation and Procedure of the General Department of Immigration to follow the legal action.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British PAUL STEVENSON and Filipina Woman Hand Themselves in to Immigration

Post by canucklhead »

Ha ha
That aint no woman
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I've see that woman walking around for quite some time. She looks eastern European to me, both in those pictures and in person. I'd be very surprised if she was indeed Filipina.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

canucklhead wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:56 am Ha ha
That aint no woman
You're right, but seems the police and many others on CEO don't seem to know. Shhhhhh...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Lol
The bloke doesn't seem too fazed, by his situation or his girl.
Maybe a bit chipper even - just another new little episode in the carefree life of a seasoned SE Asian traveller.

He probably picked his all-out-of-options girlfriend last night.
"Hey Babe, let me take you away from all this. Not sure where we will end up - but you just hooked up with a man who is going places...."
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I do like her boots though, they are nice.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:26 pm I've see that woman walking around for quite some time. She looks eastern European to me, both in those pictures and in person. I'd be very surprised if she was indeed Filipina.
Nope, Filipina fo sho. I spoke Tagalog and Visayan with her and gave her the are you really a Filpina exam, (do you like the show Wowwowwee? do you like Lu Ning Ning, your favorite hang out in Makati, the fact that she speaks Visayan and is from that region proves it) in front of the Circle K one day.

I found her entertaining as well, then she seemed to slip away in la la land (drugs I suspect) and I avoided her. Anyway, out with the old and in with the new....
An ageing tweaker still flummexing away....
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:54 pm The bloke doesn't seem too fazed, by his situation or his girl.
Maybe it was fate and they each handed themselves into Immigration at the same time. Ships in the night, birds of a feather..so to speak... :friends:
djstuntmunch
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by djstuntmunch »

Which ones which?
tomodavid
Tourist

Post by tomodavid »

Looks like they both have matching headwear accessories too. Where can I buy them?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic