Re: Cambodia needs to take a page from Thailand!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: Re: Cambodia needs to take a page from Thailand!

Post by jovial fucher »

pczz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:33 pm
jovial fucher wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:22 pm
pczz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:08 pm Some people would say that thailand will not legalise pot becuase corrupt officials make far too much money from illegal crops...
Three's not really enough product on the street for the officials to making any serious money. Let's hope this fairs better for them and sets a trend the neighbors can covet.
seems to be plenty of thai product on the street in Cambodia
I haven't seen any of that red string crap. You know something I don't know? :beer3:
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

jovial fucher wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:13 pm
pczz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:33 pm
jovial fucher wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:22 pm
pczz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:08 pm Some people would say that thailand will not legalise pot becuase corrupt officials make far too much money from illegal crops...
Three's not really enough product on the street for the officials to making any serious money. Let's hope this fairs better for them and sets a trend the neighbors can covet.
seems to be plenty of thai product on the street in Cambodia
I haven't seen any of that red string crap. You know something I don't know? :beer3:
Agree in 8 years i only got offered thai weed once , the stuff with red string on comes from Laos anyway
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's not going to happen, here or anywhere in the region. Thailand is talking about growing medical marijuana for export. They are not talking about going all Bob Marley and encouraging anyone to smoke reefers. Smoking a cigarette in most places in Thailand is already severely restricted, why would anyone believe they were going to lax up on any other drugs?
The chances of any other country in the region making marijuana legal are close to zero, especially when the leading economies like Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia are so dead set against it.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

"not really enough product" "Thai product" etc.

Product!!?? FFS
That ^^^ is an classic example of all that is wrong in the world of weed today.

And don't start me on the Red String origins, or any of the other providence issues stated here as fact.
'Sounds like a 17 year olds stoners forum - somebody will be saying thai sticks are dipped in opium next.

snigger chuckle fart
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Well, if they don't want to make it legal it must be as dangerous as they say it is.

Plus, I'm no "scofflaw", so I guess I won't be trying it.

Is the "high" really worth the risk of brain damage and life in prison?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

sigmoid wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:24 am Well, if they don't want to make it legal it must be as dangerous as they say it is.

:please:
if you never try it, you'll never know
Alcohol kills and brain damages more people than a little pot ever could
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:03 am
sigmoid wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:24 am Well, if they don't want to make it legal it must be as dangerous as they say it is.

People that say that, are prime examples.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

Duncan wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:35 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:03 am

People that say that, are prime examples.
Yep dont you just hate people that dont know anything about it, so much info available now too, like documentaries showing how much it has helped young kids that would probably be dead without it...
I use for pain (arthritis) without it i would need a hell of a lot of opiods , now they are really bad and addictive!!
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:27 am "not really enough product" "Thai product" etc.

Product!!?? FFS

And don't start me on the Red String origins, or any of the other providence issues stated here as fact.
'Sounds like a 17 year olds stoners forum - somebody will be saying thai sticks are dipped in opium next.

snigger chuckle fart
thai stick is weak and these days very weak, more likely dipped in cocacola to make it sticky lol
its pretty common knowledge where it comes from, Laos , just like the ice comes from burma.....
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

adders28 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:14 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:27 am "not really enough product" "Thai product" etc.

Product!!?? FFS

snigger chuckle fart
thai stick is weak and these days very weak, more likely dipped in cocacola to make it sticky lol
its pretty common knowledge where it comes from, Laos , just like the ice comes from burma.....
The Rebirth Of Thai Sticks

Thai Sticks are making a comeback in recent years as smokers rediscover what a pleasurable experience they can be. If you don’t want to make your own as demonstrated here, ask at your local dispensary. They might be able to hook you up.

The talk of clampdown of the authorities is just the start of the demise of the famous preferred smoke of the old G.I s who served time in Nam. But think of the time in making the Thai Stick, no doubt it was worth the time, just when any product is in large demand. Now think of past skills being passed down to the makers sons and daughters, "Why" is it worth the time in this production of today? It may have been very lucrative back in its day, with effete "no longer fruitful," Its more possible the shift of the times into the field of producing the more demanding drug of the people and regions "Meth".

Anyhow I will let you read on -

https://honestmarijuana.com/thai-sticks/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic