Bike Gang Attacks Cambodian Singer with a Hammer

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bike Gang Attacks Cambodian Singer with a Hammer

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: On March 07, 2019, at 11:30 pm, a Cambodia singer, Mr. An Visal, was attacked with a hammer by a group of thugs, on street 113, Sangkat Beung Keng Kong, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh.

Before the incident occurred, Mr. An Visal had riden his CD motorbike to street 113 to get something to eat. Suddenly, a group of youths rode up, riding their motorbikes all over the road and showing off, and the singer told them to ride their motorbikes more carefully.
The gang were really angry that the singer disrespected them, so they went to their mother's shop, where they took a hammer before returning to attack the victim. They laid into him and beat him about the head with the hammer, causing serious, but fortunately not life-threatening injuries.

The victim was sent to the hospital to get patched up and then he went to the police station to file a complaint for assault.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Bike Gang Attacks Cambodian Singer with a Hammer

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Yeah, right.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:25 pm Yeah, right.

Why the sarcasm?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Obviously he's been assaulted or in a scrape.

But the story, as reported, has some large holes in it.

He rode to the shop, reprimanded some twats, then they left, went to their mom's shop, got a hammer, came back, beat him up, he went to the clinic and then to file a report.

So, how did he know they went specifically to their mom's shop to get a hammer? I think there's a lot more to this event.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

The only hole I see in the story is the part they went to retrieve a hammer, it was probably under some seat.
A gang trying to hurt someone with a makeshift weapon for disrespect is a common occurrence.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dm: Anyone remember M.C .Hammer( you can't touch this " ) & his avant garde toursers ?
They could be some symmetry here :dragonchase: ,
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I do wish him well - but i can't help thinking the bikie boys , like me, just can't stand his music.
One of those awful crooners - soulfully mooching ballads of unrequited schoolboy infatuation.
Cambodian music across the board is pretty fab in my book - but these sad soulful warblers make the worst kind in the world.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic