Cheapest airfare to/from Cambodia or anywhere else?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Pedroviera
Expatriate
United States of America

Cheapest airfare to/from Cambodia or anywhere else?

Post by Pedroviera »

What's the best airfare prices you've found going anywhere? Example I flew one way daytime leaving flight outta lasvegas to phnom Penh 290usd on 5 days notice (about 23 hours not bad) ..I'm a big fan of breaking a long international flight into 2 separate trips /tickets and staying a night in motel/transfer country.... I recently saw phnom penh/losangelas 430usd round-trip (horrible return flight 4 terminals 46 hours!)
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cheapest airfare to/from Cambodia or anywhere else?

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I'm a bit of an airfare hound getting alerts on prices as well as checking Skyscanner etc on a daily basis for tickets to my favorite destinations. I'll sometimes have three different cheap flights booked to three different destinations in Southeast Asia and make a final decision on the city/country at the last minute. I've had some crazy-cheap fares, mostly when Air Asia are running promotions.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

JFK-Luxembourg on Icelandic airlines with a 1 night (hotel and food included) stop over in Reykjavik
$160 R/t
awhile back thou LOL

check out this site /app for cheap tickets; https://www.hopper.com
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

I got some great deals from https://scottscheapflights.com but now I think SEAsia is not covered anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Another great tool: https://www.secretflying.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedroviera
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Pedroviera »

In the USA now some budget airlines good deals ("Frontier" is one) Checked and carry on luggage extra. One "personal item" free. I ordered Amazon specific bag for airline that maxes out "personal item" space (15usd) Not bad at all stuff a lot into it.... Vegas to Denver 38usd...la to lasvegas 20usd (all in prices).... Never fails always several customers at check-in boarding didn't realize carry on is extra and pissed, about 50/60 usd per bag I think
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by chiltern »

I fly where I want to go not where its cheapest to go
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Tickets from Ny/Nj to PNH were about $500 round trip, ANA & United for November-January. Think it’s gone up a bit.

There are some cheaper from budget Chinese Airlines on occasion but I never use them. I only fly Korean Air or ANA/United now as I like the service and also the layover options. I prefer long layovers and stay in a hotel in the terminal if possible. Frequently done that in Incheon, but will be sleeping in Narita at transit hotel for next trip.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Another good site is Skiplagged.
Pedroviera
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Pedroviera »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:11 pm Tickets from Ny/Nj to PNH were about $500 round trip, ANA & United for November-January. Think it’s gone up a bit.

There are some cheaper from budget Chinese Airlines on occasion but I never use them. I only fly Korean Air or ANA/United now as I like the service and also the layover options. I prefer long layovers and stay in a hotel in the terminal if possible. Frequently done that in Incheon, but will be sleeping in Narita at transit hotel for next trip.
wow good job 500 usd from nj/NY to phnp. I thought only west coast that price possible.... Incheon my favorite airport especially staying in terminal/layover... I stayed at business motel the "view" on a 22 hour layover in Narita (another good airport) ... 50usd (off-season)free roundtrip shuttle airport (less than 20usd cab if your late at night) . Great value for the area/price
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic