FCC refurbishment

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: FCC refurbishment

Post by Doc67 »

fax wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:53 pm One and a half year
18 months for a refurb?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Went there a few years ago for an art exhibition had some nibblies then spent next 24 hours on shit house never went back the only time in PP got that bad a stomach
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:50 am 18 months for a refurb?
They’re doing the front and the back at the same time including the kitchen and 6 attached apartments.

I think the risk is high they will be Chinesed before completion but they own the building so we will see.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

They're also finally sprucing up the colonial building at the back, facing Sothearos Blvd., which was bought 8 years or longer ago by the then owners of FCC.

Good to see that at least some historical spots in Phnom Penh are preserved.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I liked their happy hour. 2 cocktails for five bucks, was quite buzzed a few times there.
Sometimes interesting people but also loud obnoxious groups.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

frizzie77 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:03 am
They're also finally sprucing up the colonial building at the back, facing Sothearos Blvd., which was bought 8 years or longer ago by the then owners of FCC.

Good to see that at least some historical spots in Phnom Penh are preserved.
Around 2009 I walked right into that building to get some shots of it.......pretty cool looking place.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^^^^^^^^

Nice pics there.

A couple of night ones from the concert for Channthy last year..

ImageImage

Anyone know the history of the place?
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

You can see @Spigzy drinking a beer* at the "nightclub bar" in that mansion in the German film Same Same, But Different.

Sadly acting career never took off, I thought it was nailed on with my name. :(

* real beer too, I reckon I was on my eighth can by the time the actors managed to nail the take!
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:54 pm You can see @Spigzy drinking a beer* at the "nightclub bar" in that mansion in the German film Same Same, But Different.
Don't go crying foul when I post a screenshot for everyone to enjoy......
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

decade ago they used to sometimes hold photo shows in the building behind the fcc.
its a really cool place, always liked wandering in

Fireworks at the kings funeral in 2013

some digging
The Mansion FCC – owned by FCC since 2009 – is evidence of the capital’s pre-war glory. Built in 1910 by a wealthy Cambodian trader, the building has an intriguing history. The Vietnamese Army set up camp there after the fall of the Khmer Rouge and it was the Municipal Police Office headquarters for 11 years before being left to decay. In 2009, FCC snapped it up and have used the atmospheric crumbling building and its grounds to host concerts and various events.
NY eve 2017
Beloved, Aussie-Cambodian, Golden-Age-Inspired, psychedelic pop-rockers Cambodian Space Project might be seeing international success these days, but you can still catch them in Phnom Penh. For NYE they’re playing the iconic Mansion, behind the Foreign Correspondents’ Club on Riverside

Has its own FB page; https://www.facebook.com/The-Mansion-He ... 464545892/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic