Re: Cambodia needs to take a page from Thailand!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by jovial fucher »

Anutin predicts fully legalized marijuana would be a more significant and lucrative crop for Thailand than rice, sugarcane, tapioca, rubber, or other produce in his nation’s mostly agrarian economy

thailand-news-and-discussion/thailand-w ... 34027.html
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Anutin Charnvirakul wants to legalise pot
and ban paraquat, glyphosate and cholorpyrifos.

He deserves another "Knight Grand Cordon Special Class of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant" award.
I reckon.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Re: Cambodia needs to take a page from Thailand!

Post by pczz »

Some people would say that thailand will not legalise pot becuase corrupt officials make far too much money from illegal crops...
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by jovial fucher »

pczz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:08 pm Some people would say that thailand will not legalise pot becuase corrupt officials make far too much money from illegal crops...
Three's not really enough product on the street for the officials to making any serious money. Let's hope this fairs better for them and sets a trend the neighbors can covet.
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by jovial fucher »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:45 pm Anutin Charnvirakul wants to legalise pot
and ban paraquat, glyphosate and cholorpyrifos.

He deserves another "Knight Grand Cordon Special Class of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant" award.
I reckon.
Yes, you can't have paraquat with your pot. Give him a couple of those award thingies!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

jovial fucher wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:22 pm
pczz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:08 pm Some people would say that thailand will not legalise pot becuase corrupt officials make far too much money from illegal crops...
Three's not really enough product on the street for the officials to making any serious money. Let's hope this fairs better for them and sets a trend the neighbors can covet.
seems to be plenty of thai product on the street in Cambodia
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Some officials must be making huge bucks from the meth/yama business. The ganja is peanuts. This goes for all over SEA.
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

My thai friends are saying it will be near impossible to get permission and even when you do you can only sell it to government and not sell OR smoke yourself
Others saying its just BS to try and stop the masses pissed off with the junta...
Drug dealing in thailand starts at the top look who the heroin smuggling MP in the Government is very close too.....
adders28
Expatriate

Post by adders28 »

pczz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:33 pm
seems to be plenty of thai product on the street in Cambodia
Most 'thai stick' actually comes from Laos
i prefer khmer weed anyway
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Hopefully, some country in the region will legalise it soon.

I'd like to try a little of it before I die. I've heard it makes you "high". :wink:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic