Kiwi Man Mugged and Robbed in Cambodia, Needs Help

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Re: Kiwi Man Mugged and Robbed in Cambodia, Needs Help

Post by bossho »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:17 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:00 pm Can he sell meat pies? No experience necessary.
You are a quite correct but cRuel c@@@. Yep fuc* him. :thumb:

Every one of these brings us down in the eyes of our Khmer hosts.

See ya later or never!!!

I can get mugged sure - I have - but I never have to beg from our citizens.

The police and the citizens are not dumb

Yes, I am going to have to agree with you on this one at the end of the day you are dead on right and that is why I am out of helping this poor bastard and his kind, he cannot just roll back home he s got troubles, he has a dole but he got in trouble somehow right away. When he got off the plane he told me he was looking sharp but of course he is a junkie and he ll say anything. This bad old day Cambo expat type makes us all look suspect the Khmer. He just pulled at my heart strings and I learned stuff I should not bother to know because of it.

Onward!
An ageing tweaker still flummexing away....
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:26 pm
bossho wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:02 pm The point being is that for all his sins and problems and past he seems like a decent good hearted fellow in need of methadone which is available here now, also, he was targeted at the airport most likely got into a special tuk tuk that took that famous "wrong turn" down the alley and was immediately jumped by two thieves and miraculously he was saved by another thief who appeared on the scene to "help" then this poor Kiwi, his name is Paul btw got his money sent in and it was stolen from him while he slept by the infamous "friend" that appeared on the scene to help at the first robbery. The infamous friend that helped him out is now off the streets as of this writing and with his record, will likely be deported. If you come into KOW weak and expect to survive with your dole from your country its not likely you will make it, unfortunately for Paul he never had an ounce of luck since his arrival. He was prey for the wicked and the wicked are numerous and hungry for prey. I cannot help him anymore.
Its tough enough for us here.

I have mercy - sure - but dun bring the expats into disrepute.

There are many on here who strive hard against all the odds - dun be a libtard.

Send Paul home - its beyond his capabilities and his life is at stake
Yes, I have changed my earlier thoughts on him, he f'd up probably lied to me and its his problem and makes trouble so he has to go.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:58 pm
bossho wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:02 pm The point being is that for all his sins and problems and past he seems like a decent good hearted fellow in need of methadone which is available here now, also, he was targeted at the airport most likely got into a special tuk tuk that took that famous "wrong turn" down the alley and was immediately jumped by two thieves and miraculously he was saved by another thief who appeared on the scene to "help" then this poor Kiwi, his name is Paul btw got his money sent in and it was stolen from him while he slept by the infamous "friend" that appeared on the scene to help at the first robbery. The infamous friend that helped him out is now off the streets as of this writing and with his record, will likely be deported. If you come into KOW weak and expect to survive with your dole from your country its not likely you will make it, unfortunately for Paul he never had an ounce of luck since his arrival. He was prey for the wicked and the wicked are numerous and hungry for prey. I cannot help him anymore.
Are you saying he was a druggie with little money who came to Cambodia only to be 'targeted' by bad tuk tuk guys at the airport and subsequently robbed? Are you saying there was no connection between him being a druggie and getting targeted? Is that what you mean when you he say he didn't have an ounce of luck since his arrival coz he was preyed on by the wicked?
I am saying I know a bit more than I am willing to share here about his story. I've changed my stance on this sort of stuff and I ve been away from this type of human in another country and its hard to relate to this place now cuz I thought I was smart now I think I have a bit to learn. This specific situation is all too coincidental with him getting into a special tuk tuk and then miraculously getting robbed in a dark alley and a wrong turn and then another local con shows up out of nowhere to "save him" there is more to this story. At the end of the day the guy needs to get of Dodge City he's a clueless junkie with a rough past. All that happened to him here could have been because he was likely looking for dope as soon as he hit the pavement and asked the tuk tuk driver and then who knows ? Maybe they got the dope and then he got followed and robbed from there on he gets hit again. You are right its not bad luck or the wicked its Darwin
s law.

thank you
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

bossho wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:15 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:58 pm
Are you saying he was a druggie with little money who came to Cambodia only to be 'targeted' by bad tuk tuk guys at the airport and subsequently robbed? Are you saying there was no connection between him being a druggie and getting targeted? Is that what you mean when you he say he didn't have an ounce of luck since his arrival coz he was preyed on by the wicked?
I am saying I know a bit more than I am willing to share here about his story. I've changed my stance on this sort of stuff and I ve been away from this type of human in another country and its hard to relate to this place now cuz I thought I was smart now I think I have a bit to learn. This specific situation is all too coincidental with him getting into a special tuk tuk and then miraculously getting robbed in a dark alley and a wrong turn and then another local con shows up out of nowhere to "save him" there is more to this story. At the end of the day the guy needs to get of Dodge City he's a clueless junkie with a rough past. All that happened to him here could have been because he was likely looking for dope as soon as he hit the pavement and asked the tuk tuk driver and then who knows ? Maybe they got the dope and then he got followed and robbed from there on he gets hit again. You are right its not bad luck or the wicked its Darwin
s law.

thank you
Good on you for realizing it. I've seen too many of these types I just assume they are all liars. Sucks if there are any that actually tell the truth that many won't believe them.

Sometimes it's entertaining having them try the lines on you, although I would imagine having someone like Scammer Steve trying it out is a bit different than a heroin junkie.
general-chatter/scammer-steve-cambodia-t884.html

Stevie was tugging on the heartstrings of my Cambodian in-laws until I walked up and ruined it for him.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

There is no shortage of locals here whose life is a total wreck from the day they were born. Why not give them a priority in charity work?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The posts on the Expats in Cambodia Facebook page about this guy are hilarious. Nearly all are taking him at face value and buying his junkie spiel. Schmucks.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:24 pm I can believe it.
End stage heroin addiction causes exactly this kind of bad luck.

How is is cranial situation? Still have 70-80% IQ?
(opioids do not cause brain damage, generally - but the substitution drugs and the lifestyle do, especially after many years)

The good news is; the psychology, the health, and the living situation can be repaired surprisingly well. Unlike with meth. And the luck can turn right around too..
IF, he gets the F*** back home before we find him dead.
Hey there, yes he was pretty slow, likely why he got put together upon landing if that is in fact what happened. He had no concept of the grid system of the city and got lost a lot and then when he owed money a couple places due to whateverthehellhappened he'd pass app to the sellers area which he knew that much. I would say he was short a six pack out of case IQ wise when mostly straight. the points you make about meth are well taken and I wonder sometimes if this meth here is different and in some way more clear because I know a few 10 year plus meth addict girls and they look fabulous. The mental damage from the drug is there though even though I am no researcher on the subject. Memory loss, mood shifts. These days I still may see one or two around and chat and they always have some drama around that shit. Your post has plunged me into researching it more for myself and the precautions and things one of these lovelies can do to get straight off the stuff.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

bossho wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:20 am Hey there, yes he was pretty slow, likely why he got put together upon landing if that is in fact what happened. He had no concept of the grid system of the city and got lost a lot and then when he owed money a couple places due to whateverthehellhappened he'd pass app to the sellers area which he knew that much. I would say he was short a six pack out of case IQ wise when mostly straight. the points you make about meth are well taken and I wonder sometimes if this meth here is different and in some way more clear because I know a few 10 year plus meth addict girls and they look fabulous. The mental damage from the drug is there though even though I am no researcher on the subject. Memory loss, mood shifts. These days I still may see one or two around and chat and they always have some drama around that shit. Your post has plunged me into researching it more for myself and the precautions and things one of these lovelies can do to get straight off the stuff.
Always interesting to read these comprehensive posts posted after midnight.
(Oh wait, I'm posting after midnight...)
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

frizzie77 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:31 am
bossho wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:20 am Hey there, yes he was pretty slow, likely why he got put together upon landing if that is in fact what happened. He had no concept of the grid system of the city and got lost a lot and then when he owed money a couple places due to whateverthehellhappened he'd pass app to the sellers area which he knew that much. I would say he was short a six pack out of case IQ wise when mostly straight. the points you make about meth are well taken and I wonder sometimes if this meth here is different and in some way more clear because I know a few 10 year plus meth addict girls and they look fabulous. The mental damage from the drug is there though even though I am no researcher on the subject. Memory loss, mood shifts. These days I still may see one or two around and chat and they always have some drama around that shit. Your post has plunged me into researching it more for myself and the precautions and things one of these lovelies can do to get straight off the stuff.
Always interesting to read these comprehensive posts posted after midnight.
(Oh wait, I'm posting after midnight...)
yes, I get moving at night lately, too hot in the day and I have actual errands and such to do.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

bossho wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:20 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:24 pm I can believe it.
End stage heroin addiction causes exactly this kind of bad luck.

How is is cranial situation? Still have 70-80% IQ?
(opioids do not cause brain damage, generally - but the substitution drugs and the lifestyle do, especially after many years)

The good news is; the psychology, the health, and the living situation can be repaired surprisingly well. Unlike with meth. And the luck can turn right around too..
IF, he gets the F*** back home before we find him dead.
Hey there, yes he was pretty slow, likely why he got put together upon landing if that is in fact what happened. He had no concept of the grid system of the city and got lost a lot and then when he owed money a couple places due to whateverthehellhappened he'd pass app to the sellers area which he knew that much. I would say he was short a six pack out of case IQ wise when mostly straight. the points you make about meth are well taken and I wonder sometimes if this meth here is different and in some way more clear because I know a few 10 year plus meth addict girls and they look fabulous. The mental damage from the drug is there though even though I am no researcher on the subject. Memory loss, mood shifts. These days I still may see one or two around and chat and they always have some drama around that shit. Your post has plunged me into researching it more for myself and the precautions and things one of these lovelies can do to get straight off the stuff.
Ten years plus meth addict girls only look fabulous if you're on ice. Sort yourself out man, you're gonna end up in a mess.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic