Looking for exotic knife store in PP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Looking for exotic knife store in PP

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Unless your highly trained in knife fighting, and even then, it is highly advisable to avoid even attempting to use a knife for self defense purposes...your more likely to have the knife taken from you and used against you.

As JB has stated, it is illegal to carry weapons which includes knives. Highly unlikely that you are ever going to get stopped and searched, but if for some reason you ever used it against another person then you would be fucked.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:47 pm As JB has stated, it is illegal to carry weapons which includes knives. Highly unlikely that you are ever going to get stopped and searched, but if for some reason you ever used it against another person then you would be fucked.
There is a large distinction there. Some have commented that farmers carry Machetes, Pangas, Axes, Adzes etc, well everyone knows that. However if they are used in an attack it is different. Many news stories mention "Samurai Swords" which are nothing of the sort but are long bladed instruments with no other purpose other than slashing enemies.
Personally I am not into using blades in a fight, I am more into bludgeoning techniques. You can disable a man by bludgeoning but he will likely survive and not have life-threatening effects. So whether you have to smash this enemy's foot, knee-cap or shoulder they will likely survive. If you stab them you can cause critical damage easily and they are going to bleed like crazy all over the place, and much of it could be squirted on you. That's not a good option. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

OK...I will try and take some pics of my knives.
I have brought a lot of them over the last few years.
I have Wustof Grand Prix from Germany, Globals from Japan for cooking.
I lived 5 years in Argentina and toured the knife making city of Tandil and met a knife maker in Mar del Plata. I went fishing in Alaska and found some great knives with 420 steel and local handles with exotic caps..
I still have some great knives back in the USA from WW2, bayonets, and more.
Alas, my butter knife collection is not available for public viewing.
I grew up carrying a pocket knife.. It was really never something to whip out and defend myself with.
I think if a barang was fishing and had a knife in his pocket the local Police would be OK as opposed to a guy flashing some blade Riverside in a drunken meth rage...
I will try and load some pics...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic