Boomers... seems theres some hate

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Boomers... seems theres some hate

Post by IraHayes »

Cards on the table. I am a brexit voting.. Trump loving Boomer. And yet i got a snarky reply on one of the bug Trump facebook pages to a positive comment i made on a meme that simply read " Yeah, ok Boomer"
I must have missed something but by my reckoning it was boomers that voted for trump in '16. And ofc brexit back whenever the hell that was!

Just curious how the boomer hate thing came to be tbqh. Seems at odds with ensuring both trump wins in 2020 ( in this case) and Brexit gets done properly.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Boomers... seems theres some hate

Post by xandreu »

What's a boomer?

To be fair, I'm still trying to get my head around what a snowflake is.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

I am a Boomer. We are to blame for the world's ills. We have been in control for the past 30 years and instead of making the world a better place we looked away from genocide, climate change, social inequality, racism and the list goes on. It is not as if we didn t know better, we were more interested in our own well being over the collective wellbeing. If you are a Trump supporter, you know exactly what I am talking about. That is why young people disrespect us and act dismissive towards our views. We no longer are relevant, we shit in the bed and expect the future generation to lie in it. The generation before us fought for freedom in WW2, our generation sends troops to support Saudi butchers because they have oil. Sir Winston Churchill would t have put Stalins word above British Intelligence but you support a man who puts Putins above his own intelligence. Personally I can t blame the young for their opinion especially when one brags about their selfishness
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

You're missing the point. Boomers overwhelmingly voted for both Trump, in the US, and Brexit in the UK. So why would a younger Trump voter hate on the generation that got him elected in the first place.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:39 pm You're missing the point. Boomers overwhelmingly voted for both Trump, in the US, and Brexit in the UK. So why would a younger Trump voter hate on the generation that got him elected in the first place.
I am not missing any point. You want to put the toothpaste back in the tube. How do you vote for Trump and brexit? Dual passports? I thought you were Australian which would mean you personally can t vote in either. You support the old days my friend and they are not coming back. If you were to own a company would you put a 72 year old in charge or would you put a 40ish man with an eye on the future at the helm? There is a reason most boomers are retired, we are spent, our glory days are far behind us. We are has been and never was, our future is stone cold dead. I am not saying the 60 s and 70 s weren t great, I am saying we are now past our best before date.
Anty
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anty »

Isaanbarang wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:54 pm I am a Boomer. We are to blame for the world's ills. We have been in control for the past 30 years and instead of making the world a better place we looked away from genocide, climate change, social inequality, racism and the list goes on. It is not as if we didn t know better, we were more interested in our own well being over the collective wellbeing. If you are a Trump supporter, you know exactly what I am talking about. That is why young people disrespect us and act dismissive towards our views. We no longer are relevant, we shit in the bed and expect the future generation to lie in it. The generation before us fought for freedom in WW2, our generation sends troops to support Saudi butchers because they have oil. Sir Winston Churchill would t have put Stalins word above British Intelligence but you support a man who puts Putins above his own intelligence. Personally I can t blame the young for their opinion especially when one brags about their selfishness
Well said.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

This thread stinks of a hidden agenda. Say what you have to say, stop this obtuseness please.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

speak for yourself..
if you are spent and shit the bed...
so be it.
I think a person who works 7 days a week and only sleeps 3-4 hours a day is a perfect choice to guide the World's largest economy and most powerful military.
Personally, I love being Charles fuckin Bronson.
My young, beautiful wife feels great next to me.
Lumping everyone born in the same decade is pretty lame to begin with.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

xandreu wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:48 pm What's a boomer?
After the second world war, the soldiers came home and a lot of families had babies. There was a boom in the number of babies born. They call people born at that time baby boomers. One source says, this applies to people born between 1946 and 1964.
xandreu wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:48 pm To be fair, I'm still trying to get my head around what a snowflake is.
I have only heard this used for girls. While some girls are growing up, their family tells them they are beautiful, and lovely, and wonderful, and they grow up believing it. Then when they go out into the real world, the expect everybody to tell them they are beautiful, and lovely, and wonderful. When anyone says anything different, they get a shock, and are upset. One source says: Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

There are people on this forum who came from countries where English is not their first language, and don't understand some of the less used English expressions. It is nice to help them learn.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Isaanbarang wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:17 pm
IraHayes wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:39 pm You're missing the point. Boomers overwhelmingly voted for both Trump, in the US, and Brexit in the UK. So why would a younger Trump voter hate on the generation that got him elected in the first place.
I am not missing any point. You want to put the toothpaste back in the tube. How do you vote for Trump and brexit? Dual passports? I thought you were Australian which would mean you personally can t vote in either. You support the old days my friend and they are not coming back. If you were to own a company would you put a 72 year old in charge or would you put a 40ish man with an eye on the future at the helm? There is a reason most boomers are retired, we are spent, our glory days are far behind us. We are has been and never was, our future is stone cold dead. I am not saying the 60 s and 70 s weren t great, I am saying we are now past our best before date.
Now you have sobered up you may want to re-read my opening statement.... After which tell me how “Trump loving” equates to voting. Also I am not sure where you get the idea that I hold an Australian passport but given your inability to comprehend a simple statement we should probably attribute that to the red haze of self loathing you feel for just being a “Boomer”.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic