police / military shop in pp?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

police / military shop in pp?

Post by Multipox »

Anybody know where one is?

Thailand has good ones.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: police / military shop in pp?

Post by pczz »

Might help if you were a bit more specific about what you want to buy. you want an AK47, bulletproof vest or just camo pants?
As with most things in Cambodia they gather together in stret. Army kit street used to be somehere near to mikes burgers on the way to the airport, other side of the road. Army surplus style shop on the corner and a whole street running south from there. if you want an RPG or AK47 that street was closed down years ago.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Psah Tuk Thla sells uniforms etc, they don't sell guns/ grenades anymore. Skyland on 271 is good too. There are a couple of uniform tailors on Sihanouk near Lucky too.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:14 pm Psah Tuk Thla sells uniforms etc, they don't sell guns/ grenades anymore. Skyland on 271 is good too. There are a couple of uniform tailors on Sihanouk near Lucky too.
271 with what crossstreet please?

in what sangkata?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Multipox wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:06 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:14 pm Psah Tuk Thla sells uniforms etc, they don't sell guns/ grenades anymore. Skyland on 271 is good too. There are a couple of uniform tailors on Sihanouk near Lucky too.

in what sangkata?
11°33'37.33"N
104°53'20.83"E
Opposite St 269.
It's a strange shop, they sell lots of military and civilian clothing, helmets, webbing, pads, body armor, sights, stocks, etc. I have known the owner for many years and he's always been cool, knows what I'm probably looking for, knows the size etc. However I went in there a few months ago to get a hat and it was surreal. There were a couple of doozy women in there. I went in, saw the hat display, tried one on and it fitted so I took it and wandered through the aisles past some elderly army guy struggling to try on some camo pants. So I got back around to the doozy chicks. They asked if they could help, and I said yes, I would like to buy this hat, holding it towards them. They pointed me towards the display I had picked up my hat from not more than a minute ago and started showing me hats. I said no, I want to buy this hat and pointed at the one in my hand. They looked perplexed. So I spoke in Khmer and tried to explain that I wanted to buy the hat I was holding. Eventually I was able to pay for the fucking thing.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:37 am
Multipox wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:06 pm

in what sangkata?
11°33'37.33"N
104°53'20.83"E
Opposite St 269.
It's a strange shop, they sell lots of military and civilian clothing, helmets, webbing, pads, body armor, sights, stocks, etc. I have known the owner for many years and he's always been cool, knows what I'm probably looking for, knows the size etc. However I went in there a few months ago to get a hat and it was surreal. There were a couple of doozy women in there. I went in, saw the hat display, tried one on and it fitted so I took it and wandered through the aisles past some elderly army guy struggling to try on some camo pants. So I got back around to the doozy chicks. They asked if they could help, and I said yes, I would like to buy this hat, holding it towards them. They pointed me towards the display I had picked up my hat from not more than a minute ago and started showing me hats. I said no, I want to buy this hat and pointed at the one in my hand. They looked perplexed. So I spoke in Khmer and tried to explain that I wanted to buy the hat I was holding. Eventually I was able to pay for the fucking thing.
I think I might know what happened here
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:37 am ....
11°33'37.33"N
104°53'20.83"E
Opposite St 269.
sounds like a good shop but sts 271 and 269 are not in the same place on google maps.

I don't use gps coordinates.

st 271 appears to be right next to the airport.

but I can tell the tuk-tuk driver to go to "skyline"
Hopefully one will know.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I was always under the impression there was an area close to the airport that had bunch of shops selling this stuff. If memory serves me right it was on the right side as you go to the airport.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:54 pm I was always under the impression there was an area close to the airport that had bunch of shops selling this stuff. If memory serves me right it was on the right side as you go to the airport.
On the left side as you head to the airport, Psah Teuk Thla, as another poster already mentioned. Not just a bunch of shops, it's a whole market , not just what you see from the road.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:56 pm
IraHayes wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:54 pm I was always under the impression there was an area close to the airport that had bunch of shops selling this stuff. If memory serves me right it was on the right side as you go to the airport.
On the left side as you head to the airport, Psah Teuk Thla, as another poster already mentioned. Not just a bunch of shops, it's a whole market , not just what you see from the road.
My bad... could have sworn it was on the right.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic