Overstaying American ANDREW HOWARD Arrested for Disturbing the Peace in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Overstaying American ANDREW HOWARD Arrested for Disturbing the Peace in Phnom Penh

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Is he in any way associated with the state of Florida, out of pure curiosity?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Overstaying American ANDREW HOWARD Arrested for Disturbing the Peace in Phnom Penh

Post by John Bingham »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:11 pm From TOF Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:22 am

This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Those who are posting on this forum who may know Andy Howard and might consider him a friend, probably don't know him well enough to know what I am talking about.

"He fled the US after he was involved in a murder at his sports complex (owned with his brother, a lawyer). One party patron, a guy who had already been involved in one drug -related murder, was slain during a fight in the parking lot. The guy who killed him, committed suicide after being caught by state police. Howard slipped out of the country and let a trail of all sorts of bad stuff. He is still wanted by the FBI, and the can never return to the USA. He left three kids, and lots of debt, and had burned hundreds of people in a very wide variety of shady business dealings.

He was running a prostitution ring (with Cambodian women) from a house near his other business, with a front of a manicure/massage parlor. He screwed everybody he ever had business dealings with. He cheated on his wife for years, even with employees, and right in his office. He got an English soccer coach deported, just weeks after the guy spent his life savings on a new car.

He ran a day care center just 30 feet or so from a bar in his building. He has no morals, no scruples, and his brother managed to get him out of dozens of legal and financial scrapes.

He defrauded an insurance company out of over $200,000."

The guy has lived more in 10 years than I have in 60 FFS
Wow! I probably read that when it was posted but forgot about it since. That's some insane shit. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

This news will keep me smiling all week. Rude prick and a complete waste of space.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

That Overstaying American ANDREW HOWARD looks very much like the modern day Johnny Rotten!
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I remember first meeting him in Jeff’s bar on the riverside. That was before knickers and liquors and was a hell of a long time ago.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

guess i was a lucky one, met him before he opened K&L and visited him a few times after he opened, always brought me drinks and always good conversation. Never mentioned meth but we did share a joint or two
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
djstuntmunch
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by djstuntmunch »

Awesome news. many People will sleep easy knowing he’s behind bars again. Or do they just let them out on the loose again?
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

He wouldn't be safe hiding in Cambodia if he was wanted by the FBI.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

willyhilly wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 pm I remember first meeting him in Jeff’s bar on the riverside. That was before knickers and liquors and was a hell of a long time ago.
Didn't he open Sizzlers first? 2008 maybe
Rossco Keys
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by Rossco Keys »

Met him early Nov. On my l9ne vacation after talking with Andrew in 2 places on 136, i came under the attension of cops local and internationsl cop. Spoilt my secure feeling in Phenom Phen. He was sort of begging for cash. He is a sad case. What a life .Dirt bag type of guy. wont lament at anothers demise. Serms he wont leave.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic