Stray Dogs to be Rounded Up on Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloen

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Stray Dogs to be Rounded Up on Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloen

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Sihanoukville): After a number of dog bites and attacks on local people and tourists, the administrator of Sangkat Koh Rong Samloem has announced that all people in Koh Rong Samloem have to remove their dog from the island within 30 days from the announcement day.

The announcement has made many dog owners unhappy.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Positive reaction in Siem Reap. Get your dog (or your neighbor' s/friend' s dog) neutered and vaccinated against rabies this November. This event is FREE FOR KHMER. Ideally, they should also push for some sort of dog registration, but that might be complicated.
Templetown ,
the below is the result of HUMAN FAILURE !
All dogs are to be banned from the islands because the owners( local and expats) were negligent in getting them neutered even tho medical treatment was offered for free there . So now there has been too many incidents with humans getting bitten and there is a 30 day time frame to get rid of them all . There is currently much protest against this decision.

In November 2019 Paw Patrol Cambodia in collaboration with Wat Damnak Veterinary (previously Ouk Hok Sy Veterinary) are organising the mass spay /neuter with Worldvets coming to templetown for the 5th year running. Last year around 450 animals received medical treatment with in 3 days !
Pls do the right thing by templetowns animals ! Pls get them neutered and spayed and rabies vaccinated ! this event is FREE FOR KHMER !
Lets all learn from the mistakes of the islanders . We need all the people power we can get to make Siem Reap the best animal friendly town in SEA 'cos that is what we are striving for .
Orkun ❤️🙏🇰🇭🐾
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UPDATE
Koh Rong Municipality - Following a backlash from the social media about Koh Rong Sanloem commune chief's ban on citizens keeping dogs on the island because they were upsetting tourists, the decree has been revoked.
An amended statement from the local authorities says that the residents of Koh Rong Samloem can raise dogs, but must keep them in their commune and not let them roam. Do not let them bite visitors, and in case of any tourists getting rabies, the pet owners will be held legally responsible.
Facebook

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:42 am the decree has been revoked
Too bad, as the fewer dogs are roaming around, the better it is.

Coming from an absolute dog hater (and a cat lover, btw).

Oh yes, this will no doubt get responses.
I don't care, I'm a dog hater and I will always be.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I think CEO News deserves a UN award for courageous journalism.
Most of us do not realise just how thin is the ice that they choose to skate on.

Risking all and secretly subverting this public policy by ceaselessly
posting pictures of Labradors and other cute little puppy dogs.

Bold and defiant!
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

So the BBQ is cancelled then?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Good for them.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:28 pm Cambodia Breaking News (Sihanoukville): After a number of dog bites and attacks on local people and tourists, the administrator of Sangkat Koh Rong Samloem has announced that all people in Koh Rong Samloem have to remove their dog from the island within 30 days from the announcement day.

The announcement has made many dog owners unhappy.

Hey guys and ex pats, i was wondering if this is still a problem over on Koh Rong Sanleom. As a long term visitor i have certainly had my share of problems across south Asia with street dogs/temple dogs/yard dogs/ strays and even owner dogs. Did they end up getting rid of any of them or is it still the same it was before?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I hope not as been thinking about going there, just the thought of surrounded by backpackers stopping me
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

atst wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:27 pm I hope not as been thinking about going there, just the thought of surrounded by backpackers stopping me
I don't think there are any backpackers these days. There probably are a large number of trustafarian knob-heads though. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic