Learning Jungle

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Learning Jungle

Post by BrazilBoy »

Does this school have a secondary department? I only see up to middle school.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: Learning Jungle

Post by Captain Bonez »

What was their reply when you asked them first?
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Learning Jungle specialize in Early Childhood only
BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BrazilBoy »

So I had my interview today with Learning Jungle - the school I'm applying to is called Westview Cambodian International School, which is like the continuation of Learning Jungle, anyway - the interview went well and they even have a part time position for my wife, who is a certifed Mandarin Chinese teacher.

The problem is apparently Cambodia requires teachers from the USA to get an FBI background check. The reason that's a problem is that I'm in Brazil and I don't see how I can get this done by a January 7th start date.

Any suggestions?
Is it possible to get hired, start the job and have a timeframe of a few months to get background checks done?

By the way - is there a big demand for Chinese language teachers?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

BrazilBoy wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:04 am The problem is apparently Cambodia requires teachers from the USA to get an FBI background check.
No, Cambodia doesn’t require it but the particular school you have applied to might.

Try asking your embassy in Brazil if it’s possible to get it done via them.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

If you've been in Brazil for a while, it might be worth getting a police check from Brazil as well.

*Edit - just seen your karma comment to fax above, your Brazil and China checks may be all you need. Contact the school in Cambodia and see what they say. Let them know you haven't lived in the States for 4 years.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic