PP Sunday Lunch

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

PP Sunday Lunch

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Since I'm in PP today I fancy a nice Sunday roast. Any experience of the current best options excluding The Cavern. Nothing wrong with the food there, I like their breakfasts, but I find it a bit dingy and cramped when it gets busy so would like to try somewhere different for a change. Thanks.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: PP Sunday Lunch

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I find the roast at paddy rice to be ok. Nice if you can get a table outside and watch the world go by.

Score bar has a decent roast but it is expensive for what you get however it is well done and very tasty.

The exchange is always a good bet if you want somewhere with nicer surroundings.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I'd also be interested in new options. I love the Cavern's food, but it's so dark and hot in there, jaysus... Plus, when I end up having to sit at the back of the bar, those red lights are like kryptonite for my eyes... I heard the old Piano Lounge's roasts were great, but apparently they've closed. Buffalo Sisters is also supposed to be good, but it's only once per month and I have no clue when... Is it the first Sunday of the month?! I also liked Paddy Rice's roast, but I hate Paddy Rice and don't particularly like the location either (though it's better than Cavern). Portions were also a bit on the small side IMO. How much is The Exchange? 20$ for all you can eat?

Compiling a current list (with prices) would be cool.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Bring Back Buck
Expatriate

Post by Bring Back Buck »

I had exchange last week $16.50 all you can eat - plus a sneaky little 10% service charge.
However skint I may be at the time I will always find $18.15 for this amazing meal. Get in early or they run out of spuds :shock:
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Aussie XL do an excellent Sunday Roast imo. I haven't tried enough different ones up there to rate it, but its bloody good, huge portions and at very good prices. I was there for Austalia day and from memory, the Lamb was 8 bucks and the pork and chicken 6.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Hotdigr wrote:Aussie XL do an excellent Sunday Roast imo. I haven't tried enough different ones up there to rate it, but its bloody good, huge portions and at very good prices. I was there for Austalia day and from memory, the Lamb was 8 bucks and the pork and chicken 6.
I forgot about XL. Top notch roast and huge portions.

It can be very hot there though especially if you are sitting outside and the pizza oven is cranking out pizzas.

From memory the roasts are between $7 - $9.
JessB52
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by JessB52 »

Rising sun on st 178 near the riverside - $7, decent portions and not cramped like the cavern. No Yorkshire puds though
Cambodia's answer to Bet Lynch

https://www.facebook.com/JessatQuealys
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

JessB52 wrote:Rising sun on st 178 near the riverside - $7, decent portions and not cramped like the cavern. No Yorkshire puds though
Don't they only do a chicken roast?

I haven't been to the rising sun for a while so I could be wrong.
horace
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by horace »

No they do beef and pork also , the pork is my favourite
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Paddy Rice do a chicken roast. Not bad actually. Chicken breast with bacon. But dry when I tried it, but good nonetheless. The one thing which I really loved at PR were it's "stuffing balls". Delicious.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic