Food packaging

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Food packaging

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

Hello, where can I buy food boxes etc for takeaway food?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Food packaging

Post by explorer »

Do you mean polystyrene containers for take away food?

If you do, there are a lot of shops sell them.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

explorer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:13 pm Do you mean polystyrene containers for take away food?

I was hoping for a recyclable material like card/paper.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Terry Fishsauce wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:22 pm
explorer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:13 pm Do you mean polystyrene containers for take away food?

I was hoping for a recyclable material like card/paper.
And do you know where the recycling plant is in Cambodia? There are 2, mekong, and Tonle Sap :bow:
Seriously little point in buying recyclebale anything in a country with no recycling. you want bio-degradeable, wnd food containers that can deal with heat, liquid and are safe to use for food that humans will consume are not cheap and not readily available. One of the most unfriendly materials is cardboard egg containers! if you just want carboard burger boxes try orrussey. Its the main wholesale market so if its available it will be there
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I can't think of the name right now, but a lot of restaurants now use materials from a company based in Bangkok which has biodegradable packaging (cassava based plastic, bamboo knives and forks, plant based cardboard-esque boxes). If it comes back to me I'll let you know. Maybe Grace or something like that.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Does the biodegradable stuff burn as well as the styrofoam? That's the important question in Cambodia
up to you...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Terry Fishsauce wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:07 pm Hello, where can I buy food boxes etc for takeaway food?
[/quote

I was in Bayon today (110 and Monivong) in the upstairs section that has everything kitchen related. There are lots of commercial catering 'things' in there. Go in the door and head for the far left corner. I reckon they will have what you need.

Otherwise, try Makro. In the UK they would always have a full selection of catering consumables, maybe they do so here. I haven't been there, it's just a thought...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic