Baby Found Abandoned in Sen Sok Bin, Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Baby Found Abandoned in Sen Sok Bin, Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On November 18, 2019, at 10 pm, local people had quite a surprise when they discovered a baby boy abandoned in a bin in Khan Sen Sok, Phnom Penh. The baby was in good health, and is expected to recover from his ordeal now that he is rescued and cared for.
Police are searching for the parents of the infant. Anyone with information is asked to contact the authorities.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Baby Found Abandoned in Sen Sok Bin, Phnom Penh

Post by explorer »

Very Sad.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

When that baby is 80 or 90 years old he will go through the same experience when he is abandoned by his family. No one wants old people that can not contribute to the family income in Cambodia .You see it happen so often in the cities, oldies walking around begging.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

Someone should contact the guy who bought and then returned the stolen child yesterday.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

It is usually unmarried girls who abandon babies.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

Some times the father is aware other times he is not
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Isaanbarang wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:50 pm Someone should contact the guy who bought and then returned the stolen child yesterday.
It is illegal to buy and sell children. After returning the child, I would not want to see him charged as a criminal, but I would not offer him another child.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

In Cambodia, a lot of children are looked after by grandmothers. I wish children like this could also been taken to their grandmothers.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

explorer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:47 pm
Isaanbarang wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:50 pm Someone should contact the guy who bought and then returned the stolen child yesterday.
It is illegal to buy and sell children. After returning the child, I would not want to see him charged as a criminal, but I would not offer him another child.
Do you think his quest for a child has ended then?
If the child that was abandoned is placed in an orphanage how is this better?
He returned the child because it was stolen not because he committed a crime, the mother that abandoned the child committed a crime as well.
Many uneducated Khmer buy children, many uneducated or poor sell children, is a formal adoption to a foreign country preferable to you or to be housed in an orphanage with the hope a middle class Khmer family will eventually adopt?
Many adopted children face a social stigma for life. Can you explain your reasoning please?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Terribly sad situation. I don't believe that many women would willingly does this without good reason. It doesn't make it right, it just makes it complicated. I hope it works out for the poor kid.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic