What can be done about those who wish to insult each other, and have an endless ‘battle royale’?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: What can be done about those who wish to insult each other, and have an endless ‘battle royale’?

Post by GMJS-CEO »

The phenomenon continues. Cambodia expat forums (this and TOFs) have a higher instance of whinging threads compared to other forums, I could never figure out why. Just a matter of curiosity as most of the members here are adult males, same as the sports forums I use where I see no threads like this.

Not a complaint or attack, I just always wondered why.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: What can be done about those who wish to insult each other, and have an endless ‘battle royale’?

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:18 pm The phenomenon continues. Cambodia expat forums (this and TOFs) have a higher instance of whinging threads compared to other forums, I could never figure out why. Just a matter of curiosity as most of the members here are adult males, same as the sports forums I use where I see no threads like this.

Not a complaint or attack, I just always wondered why.
I've always considered many of the expats who use these forums to be,for the most part, of a certain, similar, ilk. That is, an expat who has had a little more difficulty with life or himself compared to others, the remnants of unresolved issues as well as daily frustrations percolating not too far below the surface ready to spout forth without much provocation. Some are prickly because they've reached a stage in life where they can't be arsed placating others simply to keep the peace - if someone needs to be told, so be it - there's one's own integrity to maintain whether that integrity be laid on poor foundations or not. Those who have been around the block and refuse to suffer fools on here isn't such a bad thing, I believe, as it puts others on notice, warning that too much nonsense won't be tolerated for long.

It also likely the above is just a lot of toss and nothing more than projection on my part. Peu importe.
Feelgood
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Feelgood »

Knew one guy had his own bar before. He was a sadistic bully, a racist, lost all his money, despised the locals and a total sociopath. He would love to use this site, and probably does, just to make people suffer.
To an audience of morons like himself he finds these things funny.
His outlook on life is PAY IT BACK.
For me it should be PAY IT FORWARD.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote:Some are prickly because they've reached a stage in life where they can't be arsed placating others simply to keep the peace - if someone needs to be told, so be it .... Those who have been around the block and refuse to suffer fools on here isn't such a bad thing, I believe ....
I think you bring up a good point. The problem is everyone is different and sees things differently. What one may consider ‘foolery’ might matter greatly to another.

Why ‘placate’ anything? Just following the golden rule and basic manners learned as kids is too much to ask?

CEO can be the place welcoming to both Khmer and expat. Hopefully, even the eternal tourists, too.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

What can be done about those who wish to insult each other, and have an endless ‘battle royale’, but don't have computers because they pawned it to buy meth ?

We can help by supplying them affordable solutions.

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Ghostwriter wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:49 am What can be done about those who wish to insult each other, and have an endless ‘battle royale’, but don't have computers because they pawned it to buy meth ?

We can help by supplying them affordable solutions.

Deceased estate stamps that once belonged to kir ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:18 pmJust a matter of curiosity as most of the members here are adult males,

Not a complaint...
Not a complaint
!!!. Since when?

Anything we can do about it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic