On Ya Bike! The Cycling Thread.

Title says it all really...
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: On Ya Bike! The Cycling Thread.

Post by King Keil »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:03 pm
Rama wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:35 pm I'm selling my endurance road bike.
Specialized Roubaix Elite.
https://imggmi.com/full/2019/11/12/4d01 ... l.jpg.html
nice bike
but
"Perfect for Cambodian roads"?
With Gravel tires or conti 4season, I would say yes.
Nice bike but the seatpost looks terrible.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

One of the reasons i suggest a mtn bike vs a road bike is the position of the handlebars. On a road bike ur mostly leaning forward, observing the road in front of you. On a mtn bike your sitting more upright and easier to keep ur eyes moving, which is a MUST on SE Asian roads

As to those fat 4" tires, yea they are great in the sand an mud BUT really how often does one ride in sand ( never) and mud, ( maybe once every blue moon) ... PLUS on the road it takes more power to move them than a less wide tire.
I prefer my 1.95 "tires

But at the end of the day, its all up to what you feel most comfortable with
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

Selling in Kampot $125

Because I bought this

If anyone on here interested pm me ! it will go on Facebook tomorrow

GT Aggressor
26” Wheels M sized frame
I am 6ft/182cm and I ride it OK
Long seat tube so fit tall & not tall people

Bike is near Durian roundabout
to come & buy PM on messenger

fitted 12/11/19
Bottom bracket assembly
Good quality rear brake blocks
Rear inner tube

fitted in July 2019
all cables & housings
Pedals
Freewheel 7 speed
SRAM brand chain

fitted Feb. 2019
Fabric brand seat VG quality

fitted Nov 2018
rear derailleur

Includes 2 repaired inner tubes
Original wheels (road bike axles fitted)
the SRAM chain lasted 3 months so a replacement fitted 3 weeks ago
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

First dust on the new bike out on fish island Kampot, those 1.9 tires are good enough even through soft sand and mud and much quicker on the road than the 2.1 I used to ride 6 months ago!

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Whoever I passed on my moto going up Bokor last week I tip my hat to you Sir :hattip:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

one_dolla wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:20 am First dust on the new bike out on fish island Kampot, those 1.9 tires are good enough even through soft sand and mud and much quicker on the road than the 2.1 I used to ride 6 months ago!

I highly doubt that you feel a difference beetween those tire sizes going out on fishisland. You can do a lot with tire pressure but man the difference between those tires is so small. And that's a totally flat ride.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

King Keil wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:28 pm
one_dolla wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:20 am First dust on the new bike out on fish island Kampot, those 1.9 tires are good enough even through soft sand and mud and much quicker on the road than the 2.1 I used to ride 6 months ago!

I highly doubt that you feel a difference beetween those tire sizes going out on fishisland. You can do a lot with tire pressure but man the difference between those tires is so small. And that's a totally flat ride.
the MAN difference on the flat is top speed is up - that I found on my old bike with 26" wheels when I could not get 2.1 tires- and I never wrote the sand/mud was on fish island it was else where .......the 1.9 are ok in that the 2.1 were a lot better.....but thanks for your opinion
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:35 am Whoever I passed on my moto going up Bokor last week I tip my hat to you Sir :hattip:
I made it up to 250m above sea level a few weeks ago... just about ready for another try but have lost the lowest gearing now with bigger wheels.........I get out of breath real quick on up hills so just have to plod up!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cambo quick Amazon service

Post by explorer »

beaker wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:12 pm Bicycle seat suspension price on Amazon $22.89 + $47.82 shipping = $ 70.71. The same exact product from eBay $ 12.99 + $1.99 shipping.

This is something I have thought of trying myself. After you have received this, and used it for awhile, I would like to know what you think. And what is the chance of a heavy person permanently bending it? It is probably a good idea to start another topic about it when the time comes.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambo quick Amazon service

Post by beaker »

explorer wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:38 am
beaker wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:12 pm Bicycle seat suspension price on Amazon $22.89 + $47.82 shipping = $ 70.71. The same exact product from eBay $ 12.99 + $1.99 shipping.

This is something I have thought of trying myself. After you have received this, and used it for awhile, I would like to know what you think. And what is the chance of a heavy person permanently bending it? It is probably a good idea to start another topic about it when the time comes.
It is rated to 330 lbs and is infinitely adjustable has been reported to work well by others.
The price is great compared to the next best rated the thudbuster at well over $100.
It is going to be used on an upright/cruiser style mountain ebike. I will let you know.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic