Missing 5Yo Girl Found Raped and Murdered in Village Pond

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Missing 5Yo Girl Found Raped and Murdered in Village Pond

Post by DaveG »

They should take DNA samples of everyone in the village, it will be someone close I think.
Start with family members and the geographically close, also females over the age of 28.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

Females over the age of 28? Porquoi?

Johnny
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

DaveG wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:22 am They should take DNA samples of everyone in the village, it will be someone close I think.
Start with family members and the geographically close, also females over the age of 28.
johnny lightning wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:16 am Females over the age of 28? Porquoi?

Johnny
Umm, yeah, any special reason for saying that [females over the age of 28] ?
Agree with the rest though, in these cases, most of the time it is someone known to the victim. They will get him.
But that will not bring back the little girl.
RIP sweet thing.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

DaveG wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:22 am They should take DNA samples of everyone in the village, it will be someone close I think.
I wasn t aware that females over the age of 28 raped 5 year old girls. Murder sure but rape should require a certain appendage I believe
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:49 am
I wasn t aware that females over the age of 28 raped 5 year old girls. Murder sure but rape should require a certain appendage I believe
!!!, I'll give you a clue,

Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

DaveG wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:54 am

Thanks, I had no idea that DNA could be so useful in solving crimes and am intrigued by the suggestion that females over the age of 28 are more likely to be involved in rape/murders than females younger than that age. I really need to watch CSI/Miami I guess if I want to stay current with the latest breakthroughs in criminal profiling. Thank you again for the clue. I appeared on two episodes of Magnum PI way back in the '80s, one that featured Frank Sinatra as a retired NYPD detective searching for the rapist/murderer of his 5-year-old granddaughter. Funny, how that experience has probably shaped the way I perceive the rapist of female children, I would be more likely to look at males over the age of say 10 years old living in the area and then any male that had travelled through the community on the day of the event. Thank you again.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:49 am

Thanks, I had no idea that DNA could be so useful in solving crimes and am intrigued by the suggestion that females over the age of 28 are more likely to be involved in rape/murders than females younger than that age. I really need to watch CSI/Miami I guess if I want to stay current with the latest breakthroughs in criminal profiling. Thank you again for the clue. I appeared on two episodes of Magnum PI way back in the '80s, one that featured Frank Sinatra as a retired NYPD detective searching for the rapist/murderer of his 5-year-old granddaughter. Funny, how that experience has probably shaped the way I perceive the rapist of female children, I would be more likely to look at males over the age of say 10 years old living in the area and then any male that had travelled through the community on the day of the event. Thank you again.
Yes DNA profilings has come a long way since A Jeffreys work on the subject in 1984.

The old bill have come in to conflict with the human rights gang for using open genealogy DNA databases to solve crimes, if it puts rapists and murderers away so be it in my book.

https://bigthink.com/stephen-johnson/du ... na-samples
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Don’t give a bloody clue, man.
This isn’t some game of amateur sleuthing, using a poor girl’s rape and murder to bolster your own feeling of superiority. A vague reference to some thought that you have; someone has asked why.
Stop being coy about it if you have some real insight, and if you have none, stop using her murder to boost your post count.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

The advances in DNA I have stayed abreast of, I mean after all I was only 27 when Sir Alec John Jeffreys, CH FRS MAE had his Eureka! moment. It was the desire to test the DNA of females over the age of 28 that puzzled me. I take it your theory is the rapist was assisted by a female over 28, therefor more than likely a married woman and mother herself. As female sex offenders typically target family members, I believe you are suggesting the child's mother, cousins, aunts or grandmothers are the likely offenders. I just wonder what the basis of this hypothesis is other than sensationalsim.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:54 am The advances in DNA I have stayed abreast of, I mean after all I was only 27 when Sir Alec John Jeffreys, CH FRS MAE had his Eureka! moment. It was the desire to test the DNA of females over the age of 28 that puzzled me. I take it your theory is the rapist was assisted by a female over 28, therefor more than likely a married woman and mother herself. As female sex offenders typically target family members, I believe you are suggesting the child's mother, cousins, aunts or grandmothers are the likely offenders. I just wonder what the basis of this hypothesis is other than sensationalsim.
No,

Just narrowing down the number of people needed to be tested, in the Jos Brech case over 15000 were tested, that may be impossible here.

No certainly not suggesting the child's mother, cousins, aunts or grandmothers are involved in any way whatsoever.

Anyway let the CPU do their job with the resources they have available and hope the perp is caught.
Last edited by DaveG on Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic