Looking for exotic knife store in PP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Looking for exotic knife store in PP

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Multipox wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:18 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:11 pm
Multipox wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:05 pm Now, if there were an experienced military man in PP who could give lessons on the fastest, most effective use of these angelic instruments, that would be perfect.
Planning some sort of retribution?
Depends on whether you think peeling apples is retribution.
Define "peeling apples" because my balls just rose a couple of inches.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 pm
Multipox wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:18 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:11 pm
Multipox wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:05 pm Now, if there were an experienced military man in PP who could give lessons on the fastest, most effective use of these angelic instruments, that would be perfect.
Planning some sort of retribution?
Depends on whether you think peeling apples is retribution.
Define "peeling apples" because my balls just rose a couple of inches.
Ass Pucker factor 10.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Ravensnest wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:53 pm It's not far from Riverside and about 5,000 riels if you use grab app.

I brought my Karambit here from home. However, from what I understand they are illegal and so is carrying a knife but I really do not know. Can someone shed some light on this that truly knows?
Thanks
If you read the Chbab Prohh - Law for men it specifically says keep your knife. Do not go out without your knife.

I follow these laws - no man in Cambodia will dispute them - they will be happy you know them.

I have bought many knives for the young sons of my friends. It's a happy occassion.

Chbab (law) Prohh (man),

This is prum'katet (thought/idea)! It is a tradition or idea to advise and it is organized as a story to tell, keep it as a new law to remind you
Keep it for the next generations, to listen so that you don't forget, teaching women and men to keep it within yourself
Walk as a dragon, be concerned with your behavior, you need to do in accordance with the morality, you should behave without mistake
You need to follow the rule, don't be aggressive to the other and your speech to other must be polite

Don't be too nasty and too gentle, be quick, don't be too afraid and don't be too brave, you have to ponder
Though you are sleeping, you have to wake up earlier than the elder and then wash your face and then you need to look after your property before you go to sleep
Don't eat all the beetle nut at once, you need to be thrifty, cut it into pieces otherwise if you eat all your life will create misery for yourself
Your sleep at night must not be too long, and don't put the blanket cover over your body like the dead person
You must wear clothes while you sleep, don't sleep naked
When you sleep, don't be too lazy, don't sleep all day

Be careful, there may be a thief near your wall, trying to steal your property
And if you wake up already don't go to sleep again, you wake up and then find the cigarette to smoke
Though it is dark you have to be careful with all your property, you put the knife near you because you need to protect yourself, you should have the water at your feet (traditional Cambodian women should put drinking water at her husband's feet in case he gets thirsty at night)
You should put the shrine level with your shoulder to worship the god Buddha, you need to keep the fire burning outside the house at night time all night don't finish it
Look after you kitchen and make sure that you have firewood in your kitchen
You have to ensure that you have firewood in your kitchen
You have to be hard working to fill the water into the giant urn
Don't allow your urn to run dry out of water; you may need it at night time or the day time

No matter how long the distance you go, you have to carry your knife with you.
You may be able to cut the branch of the tree to use as the firewood when you get home

Make your day as useful as possible, or use your time as usefully as possible
You have to look after your property, your rice and don't be too kind to others, you have to be thrifty with your rice and look after all your things by yourself
You should have some amount of the things you need to live, and even if you have so little you have to be hard working and try to find more you cannot just do nothing.
You need to be careful with your spending, when you give something away you need to think

During the planting season you have to be hard working to grow all kinds of crops
Don't be lazy and go to ask things from others just because you are too lazy to grow it
When you work you don't need to be worried, don't complain, regardless of your strength, even if weak you do according to your capacity don't just say you are weak
At night time the man has to take the bamboo and make a basket (don't be lazy, use the time) don't give the woman something to complain about
When you want to sell or buy something, discuss with your wife and children
Don't just think that you are a man and then you spend something without thinking and then do the thing without agreement from your wife
No matter where you go, long distance or short distance, you have to inform the person at home so that your sibling/relative can go and find you
At night you shouldn't be so quiet, hiding yourself is not good, you have to be honest so that no one can criticize you.
You have to be confident with what you are doing and not have to hide it from other people
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Multipox wrote: Now I am the proud owner of brand new karambit made by the loving hands old-world Thai craftsmen.
99% sure they come from a a Chinese factory and not the wrinkled hands of some Thai mastercraftsman.

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by chiltern »

Multipox wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:04 pm
Captain Bonez wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:57 pm ....

I'm all about trench knives. I've only got one like this, but i'd like to collect some more ...
They have something similar at Tuol Tompoung: brass knuckles on a switchblade.
When you have bought it what do you do with it apart from look at it?
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

chiltern wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:05 pm
Multipox wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:04 pm
Captain Bonez wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:57 pm I'm all about trench knives. I've only got one like this, but i'd like to collect some more ...
They have something similar at Tuol Tompoung: brass knuckles on a switchblade.
When you have bought it what do you do with it apart from look at it?
Crab knife fights obviously :roll: :facepalm:

ImageImage

Jesus titty fucking christ, some people...
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

There is a style of martial arts that includes it, Pencak Silat. I trained a lot by using Youtube tutorials. It's an amazingly effective weapon both in subduing an attacker and then controlling them with pressure points.

So, if a cop noticed this on my person for whatever reason, what would happen to me? Jail, confiscation and pay a fine?

I wouldn't want to piss her off.
Still here, in country...
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Ravensnest wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:41 pm
There is a style of martial arts that includes it, Pencak Silat. I trained a lot by using Youtube tutorials. It's an amazingly effective weapon both in subduing an attacker and then controlling them with pressure points.

So, if a cop noticed this on my person for whatever reason, what would happen to me? Jail, confiscation and pay a fine?

I wouldn't want to piss her off.

:facepalm: i have heard it all now.
Last edited by Mishmash on Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ravensnest wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:53 pm It's not far from Riverside and about 5,000 riels if you use grab app.

I brought my Karambit here from home. However, from what I understand they are illegal and so is carrying a knife but I really do not know. Can someone shed some light on this that truly knows?
Thanks
To answer your question, yes it is illegal to carry a weapon like that here. Unless you cause an altercation it is very unlikely that anyone will ever search you here. However if you get caught up in some other BS it will be used as evidence.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:50 am

Thanks
To answer your question, yes it is illegal to carry a weapon like that here. Unless you cause an altercation it is very unlikely that anyone will ever search you here. However if you get caught up in some other BS it will be used as evidence.
Please quote the Law exactly JB
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic