(Another) visa question

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: (Another) visa question

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

cautious colin wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:17 am Is it still possible to get a 3 month EB extension without a letter of employment?

If not, is it possible to switch from an EB to an EG for one renewal (I will be leaving the country after the 3 month extension so I don't need to extend again)

In order to apply for a 1 or mth EB EOS you require a Work Permit and letter of employment.

You cannot switch from an EB to an EG.

Assuming you are currently on a multi-entry EB yea? If so, then you'll need to leave the country when it expires and return on a new E-type Visa, then you can apply for a 3 mth EG EOS.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 am
cautious colin wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:17 am Is it still possible to get a 3 month EB extension without a letter of employment?

If not, is it possible to switch from an EB to an EG for one renewal (I will be leaving the country after the 3 month extension so I don't need to extend again)

In order to apply for a 1 or mth EB EOS you require a Work Permit and letter of employment.

You cannot switch from an EB to an EG.

Assuming you are currently on a multi-entry EB yea? If so, then you'll need to leave the country when it expires and return on a new E-type Visa, then you can apply for a 3 mth EG EOS.
Ah, Ok It thought that may be the case, looks like a trip to Saigon then.

One more question. Will it cause problems if I try to get a Tourist visa whilst I still have a few days left on my EB extension? e.g. go to Vietnam for my new Visa Saturday when my EB runs out the following Wednesday?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yes it will most likely be an issue. Since you will still have a valid MEEV EOS, they will not issue you a new Visa.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Yes it will most likely be an issue. Since you will still have a valid MEEV EOS, they will not issue you a new Visa.
Following on from this comment...

I have a multiple entry 1 year C visa (expiring in a week) , I need to change to E type and am planning a border run.

Do I need to wait until my C visa expires before I can get my 1 month E visa at the border?

I had hoped to go a few days earlier than the expiry date as it is much more convenient.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

khmerhamster wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:33 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote:Yes it will most likely be an issue. Since you will still have a valid MEEV EOS, they will not issue you a new Visa.

I have a multiple entry 1 year C visa (expiring in a week) , I need to change to E type and am planning a border run.

Do I need to wait until my C visa expires before I can get my 1 month E visa at the border?

I had hoped to go a few days earlier than the expiry date as it is much more convenient.

It depends on your luck.

I once did it, by accident. Was on a NGO visa and did a run to Bangkok and got an ordinary visa when I got back. Only later did I find out my NGO visa was still valid. But this was in 2011. They might take a closer look now. At that time I just presented an empty page at the visa desk, and the new visa at the passport counter. But I guess I was lucky.

If they find out they will refuse you a new visa and you will have to another run a few days later.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Kammekor wrote:
khmerhamster wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:33 am

It depends on your luck.

I once did it, by accident. Was on a NGO visa and did a run to Bangkok and got an ordinary visa when I got back. Only later did I find out my NGO visa was still valid. But this was in 2011. They might take a closer look now. At that time I just presented an empty page at the visa desk, and the new visa at the passport counter. But I guess I was lucky.

If they find out they will refuse you a new visa and you will have to another run a few days later.
OK, gotcha. I'd feel fairly confident on my ability to talk my way though the situation, but that requires a bit of luck and a friendly official.
Prob not worth the risk of a wasted day.

Cheers

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Well, here we go again.

New E visa, issued Friday 8 November.
A-Z travel agent on St130 once again tell me- no. Cannot.
Cannot get EG extension without letter of employment, work permit, etc.

So, without wasting on much time, if anyone has successfully (within the last few weeks, maybe) extended an ordinary visa, could you list which company, and where they are?

Cheers
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:45 pm Well, here we go again.

New E visa, issued Friday 8 November.
A-Z travel agent on St130 once again tell me- no. Cannot.
Cannot get EG extension without letter of employment, work permit, etc.

So, without wasting on much time, if anyone has successfully (within the last few weeks, maybe) extended an ordinary visa, could you list which company, and where they are?

Cheers
A letter of employment to get an EG EOS?

Try Khmer Views on St. 172, right next to Sundance. 077 636 561 / 081 983 567

While not exactly your situation, they were able to help me out with an EOS issue that other agents said wasn't possible.

Nice ladies there and very helpful, knowledgeable and patient.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Cheers.
I’ll let y’all know how it went, or didn’t.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I think whoever owns A-Z needs to rethink their hiring policy.

We found ourselves with a spare couple of hours this afternoon, and decided to take a walk along Sisowath, intending to check out the helpful offerings from Brody and Dave.

As it happens, we managed to get the visa extension started at LMN, but for future reference, here are the other places

LMN travel and tours
#211 Preah Sisowath (south of St118)
078 688 881

Khmer Views
St. 172, right next to Sundance. 077 636 561 / 081 983 567

Diamond Elephant Travel
Street 07, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia. Phone: +855 12 299 929,
Or
St 298, Phnom Penh, Cambodia,
https://en-gb.facebook.com/pg/DETravelPP/about/

Thanks for the additional info, folks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic