Reputation Ratios

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Reputation Ratios

Post by fax »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:27 pm I have been banned 4 or 5 times
I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been banned. I think if I listed the reasons I would be banned again.

Anyhow back on topic, the Wikipedia page about narcissism is an interesting read.

"Such a sense of personal superiority may cause them to monopolize conversations,[10] or to become impatient and disdainful when other persons talk about themselves.[7] When wounded in the ego, either by a real or a perceived criticism, the narcissist's displays of anger can be disproportionate to the nature of the criticism suffered;"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissis ... y_disorder
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

fax wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:06 am I saw many shops in Siem Reap with their address spelled with Siem Reab on their signs. I chuckled, because explorer speaks Khmer better than Cambodians.

I'm wondering what his Inglish is like

Is taxi pronounced the same as takse and police the same as poliz. or does it depend on how many beers you have had.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

It’s “Siem Reab” per ISO 3166-2:KH. They write it on many traffic signs but explorer knows better.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Whaddaya say we leave Explorer alone for a while, and get back on topic.

@fax, for a member who has lost count of how many times he's been banned, that's a pretty impressive Reputation to Post ratio you have there! :thumb:
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Well, i guess the topic is at the image of many things here (the country).
No time or energy to dig it too deeply, because there is other topics coming up....

What were we talking about already ? Ah yeah, rewards for best posters (chocolate medals) and the quest for an eventual higher purpose for this forum, whatever it might mean.

As Ozzieman would say....destination fucked ?
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Rank Player PIMs
1 Tiger Williams 3,966
2 Dale Hunter 3,565
3 Tie Domi 3,515
4 Marty Mc Sorley 3,381
5 Bob Probert 3,300
6 Rob Ray 3,207
7 Craig Berube 3,149
8 Tim Hunter 3,146
9 Chris Nilan 3,043

Penalty minutes are just an indication of your dedication to the team, I view bans the same way.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:43 am I view bans the same way.
Sweet.....but did you know, self-imposed bans are the crème de la crème....you should give that a try.

How about November 2022, that's a nice round number, See ya then Anthony's Weiner ! :thumb:
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

I love the smell of condescending snarkiness in the morning. Yesterday it was JB today AW, I await the day for the man who spends his nights searching the internet for a picture of a cute girl he will never get to meet to focus his laser sharp wit my direction. Nothing enhances a reputation more than an attack by the poster boy of voyeurs.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Gee, I didn’t know that certain posters of CEO are board certified psychologists and can make remote DSM diagnoses of me based on postings alone. Truly upholding the highest standards of medicine.

Also, postings should be discussed on the merits of the post alone. It’s intellectually lazy to do like a certain lawyer from Florida and dig up all the past history of a poster that’s irrelevant to the discussion at hand just to win an emotional point. I try not to sling mud and treat everyone with the respect and dignity that I wish to be treated.

To me, being banned is like going to prison. Obviously some rule for the welfare of all has been broken, and the punishment is so one can learn from mistakes and grow. Others view being banned as a badge of honor. Kinda like certain people brag about how many times they’ve been to prison. How can they grow and become better?

As for the pool of piranhas that swim on CEO, they’ve outed themselves here for everyone to see. Any possibility of given them a special place all their own?

I want CEO to grow to include everyone, especially the Khmer who live among us. After being savaged, missus has all but given up. I still have hope.

Sorry for highjacking this topic with long post. It’s been something bothering me for a long time.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:27 am Gee, I didn’t know that certain posters of CEO are board certified psychologists and can make remote DSM diagnoses of me based on postings alone. Truly upholding the highest standards of medicine.

Also, postings should be discussed on the merits of the post alone. It’s intellectually lazy to do like a certain lawyer from Florida and dig up all the past history of a poster that’s irrelevant to the discussion at hand just to win an emotional point. I try not to sling mud and treat everyone with the respect and dignity that I wish to be treated.

To me, being banned is like going to prison. Obviously some rule for the welfare of all has been broken, and the punishment is so one can learn from mistakes and grow. Others view being banned as a badge of honor. Kinda like certain people brag about how many times they’ve been to prison. How can they grow and become better?

As for the pool of piranhas that swim on CEO, they’ve outed themselves here for everyone to see. Any possibility of given them a special place all their own?

I want CEO to grow to include everyone, especially the Khmer who live among us. After being savaged, missus has all but given up. I still have hope.

Sorry for highjacking this topic with long post. It’s been something bothering me for a long time.
I think the decent people see a problem, but the small brains like the status quo. They are happy to continually attack and insult each other. This discourages more decent people from joining. So the small brains dominate, and we are stuck with a core of people with their brain in the gutter. If you try to have an intelligent discussion, the small brains hijack it.

I think the first step is to delete all posts that are attacks on other people.

Those who continue the attacks should be banned.

As it is cleaned up, more decent people may join, and the standard of the discussion may improve.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic